Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BoundToHappenSomeday

Chances - Should I take Jan LSAT

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

I know this might be getting annoying for some of you, but I was wondering what you think my chances for admission is for the upcoming cycle, as I am contemplating on whether I need to take the January LSAT. My goal is to attend either one of Osgoode, Western, Queens, or Ottawa. 

My CGPA as it stands is a 3.60, and I have a L3/L2 of 3.9 - 4.0 (these scores are not according to OLSAS). I just received my LSAT score and it was a 159.

 

Thank you in advance for all your help and time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just my opinion, but I would only retake if I knew I had a genuine chance at a higher score. Where were you PTing at? If the 159 is around your average score and you haven't been able to break 160 consistently, I'm not sure that a retake would be worth it. Again, just my two cents and I'm curious to hear what others think. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoundToHappenSomeday said:

Hi All,

I know this might be getting annoying for some of you, but I was wondering what you think my chances for admission is for the upcoming cycle, as I am contemplating on whether I need to take the January LSAT. My goal is to attend either one of Osgoode, Western, Queens, or Ottawa. 

My CGPA as it stands is a 3.60, and I have a L3/L2 of 3.9 - 4.0 (these scores are not according to OLSAS). I just received my LSAT score and it was a 159.

 

Thank you in advance for all your help and time!

Can you convert your GPA and L2  to OLSAS basis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tornyc said:

This is just my opinion, but I would only retake if I knew I had a genuine chance at a higher score. Where were you PTing at? If the 159 is around your average score and you haven't been able to break 160 consistently, I'm not sure that a retake would be worth it. Again, just my two cents and I'm curious to hear what others think. 

Honestly, I was PTing in the mid 160 prior to the exam. I thought I was doing really well up until the games. In the second game, I messed up one of the rules, which I did not realized until the fifth question of that game. When I realized I had messed up, I had to go back and fix the game and my answers, which took some time. This, in turn, left me with very little time for the rest of the two games and I had to kind of rush. It is kind of ironic because the logic games is one of my strongest sections, and it was that section that betrayed me 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BoundToHappenSomeday said:

Honestly, I was PTing in the mid 160 prior to the exam. I thought I was doing really well up until the games. In the second game, I messed up one of the rules, which I did not realized until the fifth question of that game. When I realized I had messed up, I had to go back and fix the game and my answers, which took some time. This, in turn, left me with very little time for the rest of the two games and I had to kind of rush. It is kind of ironic because the logic games is one of my strongest sections, and it was that section that betrayed me 😂

I would retake. As someone who started off not finishing the games and had to do over a thousand (repeating some of the particularly hard ones maybe 12 times) I'm absolutely sure it always my known entity by the end and it probably saved my take even when my 'best section', RC, betrayed me lol. If I can do it I think you can!

Edited by goodisgood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BoundToHappenSomeday said:

Honestly, I was PTing in the mid 160 prior to the exam. I thought I was doing really well up until the games. In the second game, I messed up one of the rules, which I did not realized until the fifth question of that game. When I realized I had messed up, I had to go back and fix the game and my answers, which took some time. This, in turn, left me with very little time for the rest of the two games and I had to kind of rush. It is kind of ironic because the logic games is one of my strongest sections, and it was that section that betrayed me 😂

Ugh yeah, that happens and it's really frustrating. I'd retake then, given that you can keep scoring in the mid-160s as you study again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • I'm starting this topic for students who have been admitted to the GPLLM programme. Hope to get to know some of you before the start of the semester! 
    • I've got similar stats but have zero clue either, but good luck, I'm rooting for you! Will follow thread in case anyone can help chance us 
    • You could totally see it as a crappy way to find out that your chances might not be in your favour. I'm more of the foolish optimist that would take it as a helpful early sign for you to realign your hopes for the U of A. I totally agree that you should check the previously admitted scores and see where you are and gauge accordingly. Waiting anxiously is really exhausting, especially when you don't know when you're going to hear back. Good on you for applying broadly, so many universities are sending out their offers later in the year. It's literally out of your hands and because we can't control it, it can bring on this helpless feeling. I went through a rejection year and while I was worried waiting, I went ahead and slowly planned for each outcome. I was graduating during COVID so I remade my resume, took a public speaking course, made a list of all the shows I was going to binge, reflected whether my current volunteer and work was relevant in law, etc. Then I got rejected, shamelessly gave myself time to ball my eyes out and then started on with my plan. It really helped knowing there was something I was ready to do right after being rejected. Really put me in perspective and when I applied this year, you bet I did the same thing. Not saying that this will happen, of course, I hope you kick ass under the holistic section! Just thought it might be worth to share as it definitely helped me be more calm during these uneasy times.      
    • My friend just wrote her LSAT in January and received an offer second week of February so they're definitely still accepting
    • Accepted this morning via email to the Dual JD program! cGPA: 3.65 LSAT: 157 (Jan) 2 BAs, did a summer abroad, lots of ECs with minority groups, community development, some social work-related employment experience  As a note to some of you lurkers anxiously checking these pages every morning (AKA me) please don't worry! Those emails you're waiting for will show up in your inbox one way or another, so take a deep breath, drink some water, have a snack even. You got this. 

×
×
  • Create New...