cookiethief

Try for CCN+HYS? (3.93, 172) & missing transcript issue

Hi there! Sorry if this is in the wrong place--I was wondering if anyone could give me a sense of whether I should stop w my applications now that I've gone through the big Ontario schools and UBC/McGill or if I could possibly aim for HYS or CCN schools as well... My LSAT score is 172 and my cGPA is 3.93, although I think American schools probably calculate it differently. L2 and B3 are 3.89 and 3.96 respectively, if that helps.

I also have a small issue with my transcripts, in the sense that I didn't think a transcript would be neccessary for a summer course I took at NTU in Singapore (since it was Pass/Fail, didn't count towards my GPA and is written in my Western transcript) but OLSAS now has it registered as a missing document...will this be a major issue, and is there some way I can solve the issue? I've messaged through SAM on the application site but haven't gotten a response yet. Thanks so much!

Edited by cookiethief

You are definitely a competitive candidate for upper T14 and I would apply to both HYS & CCN, and then decide where to go after that. The LSAC gpa system is more lax than the OLSAS gpa system, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Also, one summer course will not be a major issue. Just let OLSAS get back to you and they should fix it.  

6 minutes ago, PlayALawyerOnTV said:

HYS = Harvard, Yale, Stanford

CCN = Columbia, Chicago, NYU

At least I'm pretty sure...

Yeah that's exactly what it is! I also have similar stats and I think I'll be giving those schools a shot - fingers crossed haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vancity27 said:

Yeah that's exactly what it is! I also have similar stats and I think I'll be giving those schools a shot - fingers crossed haha

Best of luck!

• Like 1

TLS is likely a more promising venue to discuss American admissions. LawSchoolNumbers has also created a chances predictor, which I believe is based on school provided data (it is more widely distributed in the states) and hence is reasonably reliable. As an FYI, based on the inputs you provided it spat back about 80%+ for CCN.

Best of luck! 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 6:50 PM, cookiethief said:

Hi there! Sorry if this is in the wrong place--I was wondering if anyone could give me a sense of whether I should stop w my applications now that I've gone through the big Ontario schools and UBC/McGill or if I could possibly aim for HYS or CCN schools as well... My LSAT score is 172 and my cGPA is 3.93, although I think American schools probably calculate it differently. L2 and B3 are 3.89 and 3.96 respectively, if that helps.

I also have a small issue with my transcripts, in the sense that I didn't think a transcript would be neccessary for a summer course I took at NTU in Singapore (since it was Pass/Fail, didn't count towards my GPA and is written in my Western transcript) but OLSAS now has it registered as a missing document...will this be a major issue, and is there some way I can solve the issue? I've messaged through SAM on the application site but haven't gotten a response yet. Thanks so much!

You should absolutely fix the transcript issue asap. Contact the school registrar and get it sent to the proper address asap.

Asap.

You're sitting very pretty. Honestly with 3 more points on your LSAT, I'd be surprised if you weren't getting full rides from CCN (but it's not certain enough to retake the LSAT over or anything). As it is, you'll probably still get into at least half the T6 (possibly with money at some) and you'd certainly get $$ further down the T14. Congrats on an exciting time ahead.