lawgirl97

LSAT- Should I retake in Jan?

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for some advice as I'm unsure of what to do. 

I took the LSAT in November 2019, and got a score of 151. I retook in July and got a 153, which was really disappointing as I had studied for awhile and was scoring in the mid 160's. I rewrote again in November 2020, and again I was scoring in the mid 160's. I just got my score and I got a 152. 

I have a cGPA of 3.79 and L2 of 3.94. 

Should I retake the LSAT again in January, or will I get accepted into schools such as U of C, UBC, or Western? 

Thanks in advance.

23 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Hire a private tutor and retake in Jan

Ok thanks. So you don't think I have very good chances of getting accepted with the low LSAT/High GPA? I'm hesitant to retake because 1) the amount of times I have already taken it, and 2) what if the classes fill up at these schools 

4 hours ago, lawgirl97 said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for some advice as I'm unsure of what to do. 

I took the LSAT in November 2019, and got a score of 151. I retook in July and got a 153, which was really disappointing as I had studied for awhile and was scoring in the mid 160's. I rewrote again in November 2020, and again I was scoring in the mid 160's. I just got my score and I got a 152. 

I have a cGPA of 3.79 and L2 of 3.94. 

Should I retake the LSAT again in January, or will I get accepted into schools such as U of C, UBC, or Western? 

Thanks in advance.

I think there may be something wrong with the way you're PTing and studying...  there's no way someone PTing in the 160s should be getting low 150s on the real thing. I hate to be this guy but I don't think you have a chance at any of those schools with an LSAT that low. 

54 minutes ago, MountainMon said:

I think there may be something wrong with the way you're PTing and studying...  there's no way someone PTing in the 160s should be getting low 150s on the real thing. I hate to be this guy but I don't think you have a chance at any of those schools with an LSAT that low. 

It might not be common but it happens. Test day anxiety can really affect scores. I was PTing high 160s before the August exam and ended up with a 159. PTs are a good indication but it ultimately comes down to the actual test you're writing the day of. 

7 minutes ago, Dreamchaser said:

It might not be common but it happens. Test day anxiety can really affect scores. I was PTing high 160s before the August exam and ended up with a 159. PTs are a good indication but it ultimately comes down to the actual test you're writing the day of. 

True, but OP didn’t mention it, and by the third time around I’d think this effect would be somewhat accounted for, no?

5 hours ago, lawgirl97 said:

Ok thanks. So you don't think I have very good chances of getting accepted with the low LSAT/High GPA? I'm hesitant to retake because 1) the amount of times I have already taken it, and 2) what if the classes fill up at these schools 

Western - dosen't look good with 153.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MountainMon said:

True, but OP didn’t mention it, and by the third time around I’d think this effect would be somewhat accounted for, no?

A little yes. Maybe OP was recycling old PTs for practice 

1 hour ago, Dreamchaser said:

A little yes. Maybe OP was recycling old PTs for practice 

Yep, or just using old PTs. I was initially devastated when I went from mid 160s to high 150s when I started using the newer PTs. It only took a few weeks of getting used to them though, and I was back in the mid-low 160s (ended up with a 162). 

18 minutes ago, MountainMon said:

Yep, or just using old PTs. I was initially devastated when I went from mid 160s to high 150s when I started using the newer PTs. It only took a few weeks of getting used to them though, and I was back in the mid-low 160s (ended up with a 162). 

November LSAT? Because I got the exact same score lol 

5 hours ago, pinkie2345678 said:

Any suggestions for private tutors?

I'm actually looking at "the lsat nerds" right now cuz it seems like self studying just isn't cutting it for me. They have a lot of great reviews 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MountainMon said:

Ok, I was hopeful that my GPA and EC's would "balance" (for lack of a better word) out my application but appreciate the honesty. After reading the other comments, I'm clearly doing something wrong and hiring a private tutor is likely the way I will go if I rewrite in Jan.