tagnam

Help! Chances? (3.9 GPA/163 LSAT)

Hi everyone, 

I'm a third year applicant with the above stats (the 163 LSAT is my first take, and my program is political science at York). I'm really unsure about the GPA and LSAT score I need to get in, considering the limited data provided re third year applicant stats. Any help is much appreciated!

My current GPA is a 4.0 per OLSAS (first 2 years). I'm in third year now, so the 3.9 is a ball park estimate of what I expect to have (per OLSAS) at the end of third year.  @Luckycharm

Edited by tagnam

I am not aware how they looked at 3rd year students. If your GPA is 4.0 per OLSAS now, that means you got straight A+

from York. Is that what you have?

You should get an offer as soon as OZ send out their first batch of offers - mid Dec to mid Jan.

2 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

I am not aware how they looked at 3rd year students. If your GPA is 4.0 per OLSAS now, that means you got straight A+

from York. Is that what you have?

You should get an offer as soon as OZ send out their first batch of offers - mid Dec to mid Jan.

Thank you for the response! Yes, that is what I have for the first 2 years of undergrad. I haven't received any grades for my third year as of yet. 

Edited by tagnam

1 minute ago, tagnam said:

Thank you for the response! Yes, that is what I have for the first 2 years of undergrad. I haven't received any grades for my third year as of yet. 

How the hell did you do that?????

They should kick you up to law school asap..

3 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

How the hell did you do that?????

They should kick you up to law school asap..

That's very nice of you to say, thanks :)

Just now, tagnam said:

That's very nice of you to say, thanks :)

You are hurting the feelings of your classmates..

Just like my dad. He did his accounting degree in USA. The class average (35 students)  was 40% the professor wants to curve the marks to 75% ( +35%) 75% was only a C in USA. Instead he only curved it by 30% because the professor said someone got 100% so decided to add 30% only. My dad said he wanted to hide in a hole when his classmate found out he was the "class enemy #1)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tagnam said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm a third year applicant with the above stats (the 163 LSAT is my first take, and my program is political science at York). I'm really unsure about the GPA and LSAT score I need to get in, considering the limited data provided re third year applicant stats. Any help is much appreciated!

I'm a third year applicant with roughly the same stats as you (3.92/162), so you're definitely not alone in this cycle haha. I expect we'll hear back at roughly the same time - fingers crossed for both of us!! 

Is there an option for you to graduate with a 3 year BA? Or would you be a student with an unfinished BA?

1 hour ago, SNAILS said:

Is there an option for you to graduate with a 3 year BA? Or would you be a student with an unfinished BA?

Most schools do have 3 year BAs available (personally, that's the option I'm taking) but I'm not sure if all do. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, navyblue11 said:

Most schools do have 3 year BAs available (personally, that's the option I'm taking) but I'm not sure if all do. 

I can see the dilemma. You obviously do not want to cut your degree short unless you are first accepted into law school.

But you could mention this 3 year graduation option in your PS to the law school(s). I'm pretty sure they like to see a completed undergrad.