I applied to UBC on November 5th and received a confirmation email with instructions on how to send in additional documents, if applicable (I'm a general applicant so this doesn't apply.) I haven't received any other communication from them since then, however - is this normal? From browsing old threads on here, it seems like there should be a portal where I can log in and check the status of my application. Thanks! 

• Like 1

I applied a few days after you and was also concerned. However, I emailed them and they said I should receive my status tracker soon. So I guess it's normal! 

• Like 1

It's probably taking longer for them to send you the details due to how busy it is now - we're right on the verge of the deadline and no doubt they're being flooded with apps. 

If you're nervous you could always email admissions yourself and ask!

2 hours ago, Periwinkle98 said:

I applied a few days after you and was also concerned. However, I emailed them and they said I should receive my status tracker soon. So I guess it's normal! 

Oh okay, thanks so much! I tried to forget about my applications for a week or two after submitting them but after receiving other portal logins, realized UBC still hadn't reached out. I'll keep an eye on the inbox! 

2 hours ago, Firecracker said:

It's probably taking longer for them to send you the details due to how busy it is now - we're right on the verge of the deadline and no doubt they're being flooded with apps. 

If you're nervous you could always email admissions yourself and ask!

That's true, I assumed it was something along those lines as well. Yeah I thought about emailing but hoped someone here had already done it to get a quicker response haha. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yawn said:

I applied to UBC on November 5th and received a confirmation email with instructions on how to send in additional documents, if applicable (I'm a general applicant so this doesn't apply.) I haven't received any other communication from them since then, however - is this normal? From browsing old threads on here, it seems like there should be a portal where I can log in and check the status of my application. Thanks! 

I also applied exactly on Nov. 5, lol!

Exact same thing for me, (I can even see that they've viewed the secure transcript that my school emailed them, and my LSAT report was just sent to them on the 20th) I assume we'll get an email with a status checker over the next week or so!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tfalco said:

I also applied exactly on Nov. 5, lol!

Exact same thing for me, (I can even see that they've viewed the secure transcript that my school emailed them, and my LSAT report was just sent to them on the 20th) I assume we'll get an email with a status checker over the next week or so!

LOL, you didn’t frantically submit OLSAS applications on Oct. 31 and finish other apps throughout the week too, did you?? Nice to know someone else is in the same boat, fingers crossed we hear something soon! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yawn said:

LOL, you didn’t frantically submit OLSAS applications on Oct. 31 and finish other apps throughout the week too, did you?? Nice to know someone else is in the same boat, fingers crossed we hear something soon! 

Haha, that's precisely what I did too. Great minds!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ilovedogs said:

I submitted on Nov 29 so is it okay if I still haven't received my portal info? 

Yes! It took me almost 3 weeks to receive it, and even then I emailed them and they sent it right away. Don't worry if you haven't received it yet!