pinkie2345678

LSAT 154 - Should I cancel?

Hi everyone,

I just received my first LSAT score (154) with the score preview option allowing me to cancel if I am not pleased with it. I already applied to ON schools this cycle and I am planning on retaking the January LSAT. Do you think I should cancel or keep my score? Would it harm my applications to have a "cancel" on my profile? My cGPA is sub-par so I need an LSAT 160+

Thanks!

What are your practice scores like? How confident are you that you'll do better in January? If you cancel this score and then wind up doing worse in January you'll be in an even worse situation than you are now with no recourse. 

Majority (all?) Ontario schools take your best LSAT score so the 154 won't impact you if you do wind up with a better score come January.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pinkie2345678 said:

Hi everyone,

I just received my first LSAT score (154) with the score preview option allowing me to cancel if I am not pleased with it. I already applied to ON schools this cycle and I am planning on retaking the January LSAT. Do you think I should cancel or keep my score? Would it harm my applications to have a "cancel" on my profile? My cGPA is sub-par so I need an LSAT 160+

Thanks!

Scores come out tomorrow, regardless of if you have score preview. How is this possible?

11 minutes ago, Terracycle said:

Scores come out tomorrow, regardless of if you have score preview. How is this possible?

Its for my October score, I took my writing sample a few weeks after + some issues with it, which is why I got my score now lol (late -- I know :( )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PlayALawyerOnTV said:

What are your practice scores like? How confident are you that you'll do better in January? If you cancel this score and then wind up doing worse in January you'll be in an even worse situation than you are now with no recourse. 

Majority (all?) Ontario schools take your best LSAT score so the 154 won't impact you if you do wind up with a better score come January.

Thank you :)

I would keep it if I were you. Even if your practice scores are always higher, you can never predict what will happen during your next test and it's risky since you have already applied. I think all ON schools take the highest one anyways. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinkie2345678 said:

Its for my October score, I took my writing sample a few weeks after + some issues with it, which is why I got my score now lol (late -- I know :( )

Oh okay makes sense :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pinkie2345678 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

keep it

• Like 1

A 154 looks bad, and so does a cancel. Keeping it is free.

Your law school chances are really all about getting a better score next time.