Ethanchen

3-year bachelor for overseas applicant?

Hi, I am a permanent resident of Canada and want to pay all my dues to become a lawyer in Canada.

First of all, let me share some information about where I am now:

1. I have several degrees overseas: 2000-2003, Associate Degree in Business Administration.

2003-2005, Bachelor of Degree in Business Administration.

2009-2012, Master of Degree in Business Administration.

2. I am looking to pursue a Bachelor degree here for two reasons: A. My gap in university was not high. B. I am planning 3-4 years to prepare the LSAT, I want to go back to university rather than prepare that alone. I am wondering if I can choose some 3-year program. As far as I known, most of the law school applicants have 4-year bachelor degree. So is there any disadvantage if I take an 3-year program?

Since I am newcomer here, any input even nothing to do with the question above will be helpful.

Thank you very much.

Most Canadian Law Schools consider your first undergrad degree only.

You may qualify under "mature" category . I don't think you need 3-4 years to prepare LSAT. 

I don't think  doing another B.A. in Canada improve your chance. 

"I am a permanent resident of Canada and want to pay all my dues to become a lawyer in Canada."

I don't see the co-relation between 'pay all your dues' by "becoming a lawyer in Canada'. 

Are you in Canada now? How long have you been away?

Edited by Luckycharm

6 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Most Canadian Law Schools consider your first undergrad degree only.

You may qualify under "mature" category . I don't think you need 3-4 years to prepare LSAT. 

I don't think  doing another B.A. in Canada improve your chance. 

"I am a permanent resident of Canada and want to pay all my dues to become a lawyer in Canada."

I don't see the co-relation between 'pay all your dues' by "becoming a lawyer in Canada'. 

Are you in Canada now? How long have you been away?

Thank you for your reply. It's really important to me.  

I will reach out to the law schools to make sure if they will take my second degree's grade. If they only consider my first undergrad degree, I don't want to pursue a second B.A. in Canada.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, what I wanted to say is " pay my dues in all the hard work to become a lawyer in Canada".

I have been in Canada for two years.

• Like 1