ReeseWitherfork

Are acceptances conditional?

When I got accepted to undergrad, there was a stipulation that I had to maintain "a similar level of academic achievement". I was wondering if the same thing applied to law school acceptances?

Aside from obviously graduating, are schools ever like "you need to keep an X level GPA to be admitted in the fall?"

25 minutes ago, ReeseWitherfork said:

When I got accepted to undergrad, there was a stipulation that I had to maintain "a similar level of academic achievement". I was wondering if the same thing applied to law school acceptances?

Aside from obviously graduating, are schools ever like "you need to keep an X level GPA to be admitted in the fall?"

They're not conditional. 

I've never heard of someone's offer being revoked for not maintaining a certain GPA in their last term. Don't worry about it.

Some schools for some applicants  will make a conditional offer. We have seen that reported here on the forum in previous cycles.  It may not be common but it does happen.

I will say, though, that it makes sense to do your best to continue with good grades, even after an acceptance. There will be instances in law school where you may have to provide an undergrad transcript.

• Like 1

Generally, they are not. But erin mentioned, there are occasional exceptions. 

Since you'll be going to Law School, it will be good practice to carefully read every word of the admission offer, to understand its terms and conditions. And don't confuse your acceptance to the school with your eventual acceptance of the offer.

Just a little bit of weak 1L contracts terminology humour for ya. ;)

-GM