exocytosis646

Would applying to law schools with a kinesiology degree put me at any type of disadvantage?

Just wondering if any one else who sees this knows how common it is for a BSc/Bkin student to get admitted to law school?

I know getting good grads in a BSc is a bit harder, but i dont expect law schools to actually compensate for that or anything. Just wondering if a BSc would be a disadvantage in any way?

No. You won't be at a disadvantage (provided you do well). 

Also take a breath. You're obviously stressing about this given the sheer number of posts you've made in the last couple of days. You're a good student. If you want to go to law school I'm sure you'll get in somewhere. But take a breath. It will all happen in good time.

Your Kin degree won't be an issue, in fact because law schools tend to look for a lot of diversity in their student's backgrounds, it could be a benefit for you.

The one thing to consider is how you write. Given that Kinesiology is an writing-intensive degree (as compared to applicants with history, poli sci, or other arts degrees) if your stats are close, admissions boards may pay more attention to your personal statement/writing sample. 

hope this helps

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, Portzy said:

Given that Kinesiology is an writing-intensive degree (as compared to applicants with history, poli sci, or other arts degrees) if your stats are close, admissions boards may pay more attention to your personal statement/writing sample. 

????

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, Portzy said:

Your Kin degree won't be an issue, in fact because law schools tend to look for a lot of diversity in their student's backgrounds, it could be a benefit for you.

The one thing to consider is how you write. Given that Kinesiology is an writing-intensive degree (as compared to applicants with history, poli sci, or other arts degrees) if your stats are close, admissions boards may pay more attention to your personal statement/writing sample. 

hope this helps

isn't a kin degree that ones that has classes in running and jumping.

OP do not worry about your undergrad, all that matters (for law school admissions) is the number. Schools don't really adjust one way or the other based on your major. Difficulty of a degree is subjective, what might be hard for someone can be stupidly easy for others. 

Edited by lawstudent20202020
added something actually relevant to the OP
  • Haha 1