Seekingredemption

OLSAS and French Accents

Hi/bonjour, 

To anyone applying to the common law français program, have you been having difficulty with accents registering in OLSAS?

For some reason, OLSAS decided that they are cool with every accent except the ligature (œ) accent. 

I have half a mind to just type out "oe" instead and submit this application, but on the other hand I want this application to be free of faults.

Merci de l'aide. 

I know the OLSAS system does have flaws. A lot of people actually found the commas were just stripped away from their text, so make sure to double check. I think you should try and find a synonym but otherwise just leave the word. It won't make or break if you get in or not in my opinion. (I'm a 1L in the PDC program)

@Sponge

I sent them a complaint but highly doubt they’ll fix that.

I’ll look for a synonym I guess...

Would you know by chance if the 20 students admitted to the PDC program count towards the total admitted to the Common law français program? 

I believe I heard that somewhere but I’m not certain how that works.

Thanks!

Edited by Seekingredemption
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Seekingredemption said:

Would you know by chance if the 20 students admitted to the PDC program count towards the total admitted to the Common law français program? 

Yes, they do.

Thanks @Sponge and @Isla

Could either of you speak to how french second language students fair in the common law français program or the PDC program?

I have a fairly good level of french (probably C1 level or close) but I wonder whether this is sufficient to succeed in the program.

I know a francophone in one of those programs who is having a hard time, so I’m very curious to get your perspectives on this. 

Thank you :)

6 hours ago, Seekingredemption said:

Thanks @Sponge and @Isla

Could either of you speak to how french second language students fair in the common law français program or the PDC program?

I have a fairly good level of french (probably C1 level or close) but I wonder whether this is sufficient to succeed in the program.

I know a francophone in one of those programs who is having a hard time, so I’m very curious to get your perspectives on this. 

Thank you :)

My mother-tongue is French, and I did my last 6 years of education in English, and I am doing pretty good. In the French program, you have a class called "Compétences" where they go over your French and you learn a lot. There is also a non-graded French diagnostics test in September, and the school organized extra tutoring sessions for the students that they feel needs it.

• Like 1