Sign in to follow this  
exocytosis646

Do all law schools look at the grades you got in the summer/spring?

Hey there, i have to take organic chemistry and biochemistry for my degree (two courses notorious for having crushing GPAs). Just wondering if i take these in the spring/summer would that be a smarter move?

Would law schools still look at these marks?

It depends on the individual law school. For example, U of S doesn’t, but U of A and U of C do if they’re within your last 60 credits.

1 hour ago, Chazz said:

It depends on the individual law school. For example, U of S doesn’t, but U of A and U of C do if they’re within your last 60 credits.

im interested in ubc mainly

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Right, I should have used slightly more qualified language. This topic is so incredibly uninteresting and irrelevant that I didn't bother to look at previous pages, but I'm unsurprised to see (to your credit) that @epeeist and @BlockedQuebecois posted. I should have written that only the most pedantic and anal law students or lawyers could be bothered with this bullshit. Oh, and believe it or not it's possible to consider 0Ls who feel the need to debate this stuff to be ridiculous and irritating, without having any sense of superiority over non-lawyers/law students generally.
    • Why are posters conflating fine arts with arts courses?  Fine Arts courses are very different than "Arts" courses. Social science courses are different than humanities courses, which are different than the "light" sciences, which are different than "hard sciences" which are different than law school, which is really the only relevant schooling as Canadian schools don't really give AF (the expression is "AF" not "asf").   Second, most fine arts courses are not available to non fine arts students so it's very doubtful that a STEM student has taken fine arts courses. Third, fine arts courses at the undergrad level are basically near-professional studies. As in, my photography thesis was essentially gallery ready at the end, with high level critiques and was nearly a full-time job.  Fourth, the poster is the same kid who was struggling to understand Ryerson's guidelines. 
    • Hi guys sorry if this has been answered before (please redirect me if it has) but I was wondering how common and how difficult it would be to switch between different fields of law once youve become a practicing lawyer? Also what are the major hurdles between switching fields e.g knowledge gap, network? Thanks
    • I've heard a lot of mixed things about TRU Law. Some say it is as good as any other Canadian Law School considering there aren't many and others say it is harder to get a job afterwards due to the fact that TRU law is relatively new. What do you guys think!
    • When does your PS have to be completed by? I've been very busy with work, school, and life in general recently and haven't gotten a chance to polish it. Also, I've read of people with high enough stats not even submitting one and being accepted, anyone have any experience with this?