Sign in to follow this  
exocytosis646

Is taking first yr courses in 2nd yr frowned upon?

you can take first year classes in 5th year and they will not care. they really wont care if youre taking them in second year. obviously, by the time you get to third and fourth year you should mostly be taking those upper level classes, and your requirements, but if you're in 4/5th year and you want to take couple courses that are marked 100/200 level out of interest, go for it.

Edited by castlepie

14 minutes ago, castlepie said:

you can take first year classes in 5th year and they will not care. they really wont care if youre taking them in second year. obviously, by the time you get to third and fourth year you should mostly be taking those upper level classes, and your requirements, but if you're in 4/5th year and you want to take couple courses that are marked 100/200 level out of interest, go for it.

oh haha, All i need to do in 2nd yr is take a couple first yr courses (since i am thinking about transferring majors), so I just didnt want that to be a huge hindrance

especially if you've switched majors, this is very much a non-issue. Like has been said, just dont take 3 first year courses in your last year really is the only difference.