swizzlem12

0Ls - Do you know where you want to go?

I think Western is my top choice! It's close enough for me to drive home every few weeks, and it seems to have enough courses/opportunities to allow me to specialize in labour and employment law

Edited by truth101
  • Like 2

Osgoode would probably be my first choice. It's close to home so it suits me, I like the clinics and the vibe of the school, and obviously it has good name recognition (honestly, this is a very minor reason, I don't care about that too much). It also seems to be a diverse school which is important to me. 

• Like 1

Fingers crossed for UVIC. I really want to stay in BC, cheap(er) tuition, social justice-oriented, smaller classes....my first choice for sure. 

In Canada, I only applied to UofT, so that’s where I would go if offered admission and if I decide to do my law degree in the country. Other than that, when you bring US schools into play I don’t have a clear top choice. 

I applied to Osgoode, Western, Queens, Ottawa, UBC, and Dal. 
Recently the GPA UBC confirmed for me was not what I had calculated at all so I no longer stand a chance there. I’m kinda torn between Osgoode and Dal right now.  Not sure if I would love living in TO but kinda interested in IP law and they got it good. Also never been to Halifax and not sure if I will be able to visit Dal with COVID. Ottawa a close third I think. 

I've applied to Ottawa, Queens, Osgoode, Dal, and uVic. At this point I haven't the slightest clue of where to go even if all 5 accept me. I'm from Ottawa and am interested in government work, so Ottawa has huge appeal. But I've also always dreamed of living out on the west coast despite how terrified I am of the Cascadia Subduction Zone (don't look it up) and uVic's coop program seems like a really great way to try on a career before being tied to it. So, in short, I am paralyzed by indecision. 

My top choice is definitely dal! I've applied to other schools and I would be extremely happy to get an acceptance anywhere at this point lol. But dal's program is the perfect fit for the area of law i want to go into. Great feed idea!

• Like 3

Windsor would be ideal. My focus is social justice and the school's values seem to align with the type of work I would like to pursue. It's at the right amount of distance for me to be able to move out but also have the ability to drive back to Toronto once a month or so. With the competitiveness being discussed on this forum, who knows what admissions would look like this year. 

• Like 3

Being this far into the thread I would just like to say that for everyone who has a dream school I hope you achieve it :) And for my fellow 0Ls with no clue, I hope the decision you end up being able to make exceeds your expectations and you never have any second thoughts :) 

• Like 12

I applied to UBC, UVic, UCal, UofA, Ottawa, and Lakehead. 

I've been dreaming of UBC since I decided to take the LSAT but I think I'm borderline so I am trying not to get my hopes up too high. Also, the closer we get to acceptance time (fingers crossed), the more I consider the financial side of things. Living in Vancouver is quite expensive, so I have been leaning towards Ottawa for affordability (also more confident I will get in!). 

I want to study Indigenous and Environmental law at this point. :)

Edited by GoingLegal
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GoingLegal said:

leaning towards Ottawa for affordability (also more confident I will get in!). 

I don't know how Ottawa rent compares to Vancouver, but I do know it has gone up a ton and is rivaling toronto atm. Not sure why.

UBC for the simple fact that moving across the country (or province for that matter) is ridiculously expensive and not worth it in my opinion.