Toby1994

Email stating that application is under review?

Has anyone received an email from Dal saying their applications under review? I am still waiting for one of my references to submit, but I’m just curious to see if they’ve started assessing apps yet. The past few years offers have started going out right around this time, and I’m interested to see if there’s any delay due to covid. Also like a lot of you I’m just anxious to know anything about this years admissions process, even though it’s so early haha. 

Nope, but following. I want to track not only my progress but everyone else's too! Hahaha. I submitted like as soon as it opened and my references were in very early as well. I have no hope of getting in early (or maybe at all LOL) but I'm anxious nevertheless!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, hanhan said:

Just out of curiosity, when did you apply?

I applied on October 26th! But one of my references hasn’t sent in their letter yet. They’ve let me know they will get it in by the November 30th deadline for early admission consideration. 

5 minutes ago, castlepie said:

Nope, but following. I want to track not only my progress but everyone else's too! Hahaha. I submitted like as soon as it opened and my references were in very early as well. I have no hope of getting in early (or maybe at all LOL) but I'm anxious nevertheless!

In the same boat! Lol I am most likely not receiving early admission either, but I am still eager to know about where they’re at in the process. 

I’m curious too! I haven’t received anything from Dal after the original “we received your application email” but all my documents have been in since late October 

• Like 1

All of my references and documents have been submitted for a week now but my portal hasn't reflected these changes, nor have I received any e-mails (other than the initial submission e-mail)!

2 minutes ago, prelawfemme said:

All of my references and documents have been submitted for a week now but my portal hasn't reflected these changes, nor have I received any e-mails (other than the initial submission e-mail)!

When did you apply?

5 minutes ago, Portzy said:

When did you apply?

Application submitted and paid for on November 4th, Transcript sent via fax and mail November 5th, first reference submitted later that week. Second and final reference submitted last Friday, November 13th. For some reason on the portal it still says 'Incomplete items outstanding.' Slightly concerned about whether I should contact admissions to see if there's a problem. 

2 minutes ago, prelawfemme said:

Application submitted and paid for on November 4th, Transcript sent via fax and mail November 5th, first reference submitted later that week. Second and final reference submitted last Friday, November 13th. For some reason on the portal it still says 'Incomplete items outstanding.' Slightly concerned about whether I should contact admissions to see if there's a problem. 

They ask that you allow them 2-3 weeks for items to update on the portal. From what ive seen, their system appears to be manually filled out

• Thanks 1

Just as an FYI Dalhousie is notoriously slow at updating things on the Law portal, it even says so on the page itself. They're not joking when they say that. For Dal, I think waiting will be a good approach.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, prelawfemme said:

I submitted all of my documentation (minus one reference) October 26th and the portal still says it hasn’t received anything. I emailed to make sure, and they’ve got everything but like others said, it takes a long time for the system to update. I wouldn’t be concerned! 

1 hour ago, Toby1994 said:

I submitted all of my documentation (minus one reference) October 26th and the portal still says it hasn’t received anything. I emailed to make sure, and they’ve got everything but like others said, it takes a long time for the system to update. I wouldn’t be concerned! 

thank you so much! every step of this process is stressful, so I appreciate the reassurance 

• Like 2