I took a diagnostic test in late September and scored 139. I then causally studied for a month cause I was spending my free time on applications. Took another test and scored 150 about a week ago. I am writing the Jan 16th test. Is it possible to raise my score an additional 15 points or so? Any tips? I am doing the Princeton Review course, 4 books to cover and I've finished 1. I work 3 days a week and have some course work to submit by December (very light).

Here's what I am currently doing now that the LSAT is my main focus. I have started going to bed by 11pm and waking up at 7am because I am not a morning person but the test is 8:30am so I want to get into the habit of waking up earlier. I also started studying at 8:30am so I can get used to that as well. I try to do some cardio in the afternoon on days I don't work. I am now studying 6-8 hours a day when I am not working, and about 3-4 hours when I am. I won't know if this is working until I do my next practice test next week. Anything else I should be doing? I will try anything. The LSAT is my whole life from now until Jan 16th. I need to get into the 160's for Osgoode, my cGPA is 3.7. I might take more courses in the winter to get it a bit higher. 

First of all, you should be very proud of your score increase thus far. 11 points is fantastic! Second, you are committing a lot of time to studying, which is great, but what worked for me  at least in regards to RC and LR was finding new approaches, rather than spending hours drilling (I just had to straight up drill games to get better at them). Once you take your next PT, reassess your strategies and consider new resources if your current ones aren’t working. If you have the financial means, check out Harvard Ready for their virtual course or tutoring. Their approaches changed the game for me, and I was studying much less than I was while I self studied, but my scores on PTs skyrocketed. Working hard is definitely important, but it can be for nothing if you haven’t found the strategy that works best for you and your brain. Best of luck friend! 

• Like 1

Let me echo @Toby1994 and say that an 11 point increase is amazing, and the fact that you continue to study so religiously is a testament to your fortitude and perseverance! 

Increasing your score an additional 15 points +/- would be an extreme jump from your original diagnostic and not all test takers would be able to make such a jump. That said, it is definitely possible and people have done it. Given your attitude and commitment to studying, I would bet that you have above average odds at doing just that! So definitely keep the hope.

Quite honestly the methods you have used to date have already led you to a wonderful score increase, and I would continue on the same track utilizing the same methods. If you encounter a plateau then you may want to consider alternative approaches, but until then, milk what you are doing for all it's worth! Once you want to seek out additional resources check out a thread I posted on this forum where you will find a list of materials and various approaches / guides.

If anything, my advice might be to make sure you leave enough time to enjoy life and give your mind a rest. The mind is like any other muscle. Leave it for too long and it will atrophy. But exercise it too hard and it won't have time to heal itself. You should give your mind a rest, even if you find it extremely difficult to do so. This is not a break in your commitment to this exam. In fact, it's to aid you in your efforts! As an LSAT instructor, you have my permission to take time off; several days a week do something fun and not LSAT related!

Edited by AllanRC
  • Like 1