Ontario

Anyone got in despite typos on lsat writing?

Hello all,

I understand people say that the LSAT writing is irrelevant and no one looks at it but I feel that has changed ever since it has become digitized. Now schools don't have to read illegible handwriting and pay closer attention to the content since it is typed. Unfortunately I just noticed some grammar mistakes in mine and it's making me nervous. I was wondering if anyone has gotten into their school choices despite having a few grammar mistakes on their writing portion? The response on how much weight is given to them is very mixed. Does the fact that I didn't have typos on any of my personal statements mitigate the typos on my writing sample? Please let me know what you think, thank you! 

You are thinking too much...

There must be someone who got in with 'typos" on whatever they submitted...

Edited by Luckycharm
  • Like 2

Typo on PS= bad. You had all the time you needed to proofread. 

Typo on LSAT writing= understandable. You had 30 minutes to write that up.

I can't see that being a decisive factor in admissiom whatsoever. There's far too many other components that hold considerably more weight: LSAT, GPA, LORs and PS. 

It would be silly to reject an otherwise competitive candidate for something so negligible. Especially if your writing sample showed that you can write coherently, a fews typos is nothing to sweat. 

• Like 1

People get into law schools even with typos in their personal statement. People get jobs with typos on their resumes and cover letters. 

Are typos going to help your admissions chances? No. Does a typo disqualify you? Also no. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Seekingredemption said:

Typo on PS= bad. You had all the time you needed to proofread. 

Typo on LSAT writing= understandable. You had 30 minutes to write that up.

I can't see that being a decisive factor in admissiom whatsoever. There's far too many other components that hold considerably more weight: LSAT, GPA, LORs and PS. 

It would be silly to reject an otherwise competitive candidate for something so negligible. Especially if your writing sample showed that you can write coherently, a fews typos is nothing to sweat. 

9 hours ago, Policywonk said:

People get into law schools even with typos in their personal statement. People get jobs with typos on their resumes and cover letters. 

Are typos going to help your admissions chances? No. Does a typo disqualify you? Also no. 

Thank you both for the reassurance!! I appreciate it so very much :)