swizzlem12

financial statement

Feeling kinda dumb and it's probably too late for it at this point but I'm hoping to understand regardless.... 

Having just received the application acknowledgment, I noticed it said in it that you only get considered for scholarships if you had submitted a financial statement with your application. I don't remember seeing anything about a financial statement while applying in OLSAS... like a spot to put one or it being mentioned at all. In looking on the Osgoode and OLSAS sites too I can't even find any information on WHAT the financial statement even is! 

I guess without it though it's too late to be considered for any scholarships? Which is frustrating because I know a lot of schools just automatically consider you for them.... 

That being said, how accessible are bursaries? Obviously no offers have been made yet but my stats have a fair shot, and while Osgoode is definitely a top pick, a big part of my final decision is gunna wind down to finances... ik any law school is gunna set me back but Osgoode tuition is steep. 

thanks

1 hour ago, swizzlem12 said:

Feeling kinda dumb and it's probably too late for it at this point but I'm hoping to understand regardless.... 

Having just received the application acknowledgment, I noticed it said in it that you only get considered for scholarships if you had submitted a financial statement with your application. I don't remember seeing anything about a financial statement while applying in OLSAS... like a spot to put one or it being mentioned at all. In looking on the Osgoode and OLSAS sites too I can't even find any information on WHAT the financial statement even is! 

I guess without it though it's too late to be considered for any scholarships? Which is frustrating because I know a lot of schools just automatically consider you for them.... 

That being said, how accessible are bursaries? Obviously no offers have been made yet but my stats have a fair shot, and while Osgoode is definitely a top pick, a big part of my final decision is gunna wind down to finances... ik any law school is gunna set me back but Osgoode tuition is steep. 

thanks

There's probably a financial aid office you can contact. Not sure if they can help but it is certianly worth a shot.  

There was information on OUAC - the tab where you filled out the application for osgoode said to fill out the form by November 1st or else you would not be considered for admission scholarships or any financial aid. 

4 hours ago, Lawschool2021 said:

There was information on OUAC - the tab where you filled out the application for osgoode said to fill out the form by November 1st or else you would not be considered for admission scholarships or any financial aid. 

dang. I see that part now... lesson learned to read more carefully, at least it only affects finances and not admissions. thanks!

I also totally skipped over that part somehow... that being said, does Osgoode offer only need based scholarships or merit based as well? And if they do offer merit based scholarships, was it still necessary to fill out the financial statement?