dabaza

Uottawa civil law chances

hi!

just submitted an application for uottawa fall 2021 in the civil program, i am graduating this year from concordia with a ba in poli sci and gpa of 3.42/4.3 (i expect it to go up after my final grades are in). I spoke to an admissions officer who said the minimum gpa needed was a 3.4 as it converts to a 78% average. Anyone know if i have a chance?

Edited by dabaza

On 11/20/2020 at 2:47 PM, Lawstudent2410 said:

Hi,

I just applied with a 3.43/4.00 from McGill and I was refused. I don't know if this was a mistake or if they changed their minimum GPA...

When did school advise you about rejection? 

On 11/20/2020 at 5:47 PM, Lawstudent2410 said:

Hi,

I just applied with a 3.43/4.00 from McGill and I was refused. I don't know if this was a mistake or if they changed their minimum GPA...

thats odd because normally most responses come in February 

Ya i know I was very surprised.

I applied in September for next year and they got my transcript 2 weeks ago and they updated my status November 18th

I sent them an email but I doubt they’ll answer. 

1 hour ago, Lawstudent2410 said:

Ya i know I was very surprised.

I applied in September for next year and they got my transcript 2 weeks ago and they updated my status November 18th

I sent them an email but I doubt they’ll answer. 

That seems unusual. McGill has not responded to anyone yet & usually offers/decline start only Dec onwards. Perhaps, just wait for your email response. 

On 11/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, cat123 said:

That seems unusual. McGill has not responded to anyone yet & usually offers/decline start only Dec onwards. Perhaps, just wait for your email response. 

I did not apply to McGill law, I applied to the University of Ottawa but I already have an undergrad from McGill with a 3.43 GPA. 

UofO answered the email and they told me that according to McGill's scale, 3.43 is a 77%, but that makes no sense because on their website UofO law clearly state that everyone will be judged on their scale because every university grades differently....