Seekingredemption

What to do...

It doesn't sound like your job is going to improve your law school admissions chances much (most jobs won't). Why can't you work and study for the LSAT? Improving your LSAT score will have the largest impact on improving your admissions chances. 

@Policywonk

I am just a bit disillusioned with LSAT at present. I had been studying for quite some time when I took my Nov test. 

You're right though, I can certainly study while I work. I just need to get out of this mindset right now and get my motivation back. 

The temptation to rest on my laurels and hope I get in somewhere is not insignificant at this point.

Sounds like you should take the job and work for a bit, then go back to studying when you’ve recovered from burn out. It doesn’t hurt to defer law school for a year or so. 

How badly do you want to go to law school in September 2021? You still have a decent chance of getting accepted to a law school for next September. If you have a decent job and are feeling burnt out working for a year isn't a terrible option. You could rewrite next summer or fall if you don't get accepted anywhere this cycle. 

@Policywonk I'm only 23 so going next year isn't really that big of a deal. 

Also this job consists of helping newly landed immigrants find employment. I think some experience in that role could possibly help my application out. 

I tried studying today and came up against a wall. Soooo yea. 

You're still young. Working for a year is no big deal. Might even give you some perspective when you go to law school. Best of luck on your applications anyways. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seekingredemption said:

@Policywonk

I am just a bit disillusioned with LSAT at present. I had been studying for quite some time when I took my Nov test. 

You're right though, I can certainly study while I work. I just need to get out of this mindset right now and get my motivation back. 

The temptation to rest on my laurels and hope I get in somewhere is not insignificant at this point.

You may get an offer from one or two of the schools you applied.. just may not be your top choice.

Some of my predictions are 75% and that may be conservative since I didn't consider the impact of your "access"

claim. 

• Like 1