Hi everyone!

I'm a current applicant for the 2021 cycle, and UBC is my first choice! From reading through this forum, it seems like I have a pretty good chance of getting accepted (93.5 Index, 170 LSAT, 86.5 CGPA confirmed by UBC Admissions Office), which I'm really excited about. I was wondering if anyone might be able to offer any insight as to whether I'd have a shot at any merit scholarships? Finances are a bit of a concern for me, so as much as I'd love to go to UBC, I might choose UVic if I got offered scholarship money from them but not from UBC.

Thanks in advance for any insight you could offer. Just trying to gauge my chances here!

You have a 100% chance of getting accepted unless something truly exceptional happens with the application cycle. I entered with slightly lower statistics than you so I can't speak to the scholarship piece, but if you are concerned about finances you should also check out the bursary program. I got several thousand dollars from it in my 1L year due to having earned very little income in the previous tax year (I finishing my undergrad and only worked for the summer and fall).

Edited by cammyfawkes
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cammyfawkes said:

You have a 100% chance of getting accepted unless something truly exceptional happens with the application cycle. I entered with slightly lower statistics than you so I can't speak to the scholarship piece, but if you are concerned about finances you should also check out the bursary program. I got several thousand dollars from it in my 1L year due to having earned very little income in the previous tax year (I finishing my undergrad and only worked for the summer and fall).

Thanks so much for your reply! I appreciate the info. I'll definitely check out the bursary program, so thanks for that!

On 11/18/2020 at 9:33 AM, cammyfawkes said:

Hey there! I’ve just started looking into the bursary program and can’t find out a date for an application. Do you know if there is a deadline or would I just have to submit the bursary calculator and wait for a response? 

On 11/19/2020 at 10:35 PM, Les99 said:

Hey there! I’ve just started looking into the bursary program and can’t find out a date for an application. Do you know if there is a deadline or would I just have to submit the bursary calculator and wait for a response? 

The application generally opens in August and the funding is disbursed around November. When you are accepted more information will be passed on to you

• Thanks 2