Anyone who has been accepted by call - does the caller ID show up as a random 10 digit number, or does it show a specific person's name, or literally just 'UofT Law'? 

I've blocked so many of what I assumed to be spam callers over the past few weeks that I've began to fear for the worst.

It showed up as “UT financial aid and admissions” or smth on my caller ID. I don’t remember the exact title cause it’s been a while but something like that.

• Like 1

Mine just showed up as a random 10 digit number. They're not going to rescind your offer of admission though if you don't answer the call, so don't stress too much. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HeavyMetaI said:

Anyone who has been accepted by call - does the caller ID show up as a random 10 digit number, or does it show a specific person's name, or literally just 'UofT Law'? 

I've blocked so many of what I assumed to be spam callers over the past few weeks that I've began to fear for the worst.

I remember my call, I almost died choking on wakame. It was dinnertime on December 7. The number had no name associated, so I almost didn't answer. It was Jerome, and I was like... you've got to be kidding. LOL

Anyway, point is, you have time before the calls start coming :) But in the first few weeks of December, answer your phone.

PS I heard from a little birdie that applications haven't been assessed yet at U of T.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, FortifiedEight said:

I remember my call, I almost died choking on wakame. It was dinnertime on December 7. The number had no name associated, so I almost didn't answer. It was Jerome, and I was like... you've got to be kidding. LOL

Anyway, point is, you have time before the calls start coming :) But in the first few weeks of December, answer your phone.

PS I heard from a little birdie that applications haven't been assessed yet at U of T.

Aw, this put a smile on my face. Being in the middle of it all, it is easy to forget how excited we all probably were when we got the call.

I got the call during the December exam season. It was in the morning and I was at home studying for something while my mom was heading off to work. Then the Toronto Financial Aid caller ID showed up on my phone and Rejeanne told me I got in. I was like "Wait, what!?", shared the news with my mom and she left for work being really happy. I then spammed "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen on my phone while hastily pacing around the house unable to concentrate on studying. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Twenty said:

Aw, this put a smile on my face. Being in the middle of it all, it is easy to forget how excited we all probably were when we got the call.

I got the call during the December exam season. It was in the morning and I was at home studying for something while my mom was heading off to work. Then the Toronto Financial Aid caller ID showed up on my phone and Rejeanne told me I got in. I was like "Wait, what!?", shared the news with my mom and she left for work being really happy. I then spammed "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen on my phone while hastily pacing around the house unable to concentrate on studying. 

19 hours ago, FortifiedEight said:

Ahh my mind is officially drifting... It's probably unwise to get my hopes up so much, though I can't help it reading these and feeling the second-hand euphoria :D I don't seem to mind one bit either!

Edited by HeavyMetaI
  • Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 5:04 PM, FortifiedEight said:

omg Jerome!!! Hahaha he was so funny when he came to our school to give an admissions presentation! Love the dude 

(also, if you're comfortable, do you mind sharing your stats? I wonder if UofT prioritizes the higher stats in first round of admissions or if it's just more random LOL)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, asdfghjkl1223456 said:

omg Jerome!!! Hahaha he was so funny when he came to our school to give an admissions presentation! Love the dude 

(also, if you're comfortable, do you mind sharing your stats? I wonder if UofT prioritizes the higher stats in first round of admissions or if it's just more random LOL)

Replied via DM :)