znass

161 LSAT - Should I retake in January?

Hi again folks! I am sure its become clear how anxious I am about admissions with how much I've been posting on here.

I really, really want to get into Osgoode. My cGPA (not OLSAS converted*) is 3.7 and I took the October Flex and got a 161.

I have all of December off for winter break and I was planning to study and retake it in January (shooting for a 163). Is it worth it to retake the test?

I read somewhere else that it is risky to retake in January because they may give out all their offers by then - is there any truth to this?

*I should note I used the calculator on lawapplicants.ca and it put my cGPA at 3.5 - I'm not sure if I just inputted my information incorrectly.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by znass

"Give out all their offers by Jan" Lmao where did you read that? Offers are given out in rounds and there is no way all offers will be given out in the next two months. Also, most ON schools literally say on their website that the last retake they accept is January. 

I read on another post on here (or it might've been Reddit) where someone said universities recommend against taking in January because they won't look at your app until they see your latest LSAT score, so I just wanted to clarify 😕 I always thought what you said, but when I read that post it worried me lol

Edited by znass

35 minutes ago, znass said:

I read on another post on here (or it might've been Reddit) where someone said universities recommend against taking in January because they won't look at your app until they see your latest LSAT score, so I just wanted to clarify 😕 I always thought what you said, but when I read that post it worried me lol

Should listen to that "someone".. best advice

7 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Should listen to that "someone".. best advice

Maybe I'm slow, but I really cant tell if you're being sarcastic! 😅

From my understanding, they will look at your application before January if you have an LSAT score on file (which you do) and then they re-evaluate applications after the January scores come in. So, there's no downside to your application consideration if you write in January.

3 hours ago, thecsection said:

From my understanding, they will look at your application before January if you have an LSAT score on file (which you do) and then they re-evaluate applications after the January scores come in. So, there's no downside to your application consideration if you write in January.

Thank you!