On 12/2/2020 at 11:51 AM, legallyblonde13 said:

When I emailed a couple weeks ago inquiring about what my GPA is they said they were in the midst of evaluating my file and could let me know in a couple weeks when they finished. What do you think this means? I’m worried as they seem to just be telling others there GPAs and not to worry and offers coming ://

Late response but it probably just means they are busy and haven't had time to calculate it quite yet! They always get swamped with applications near the deadline. Don't be worried. Just inquire again a few weeks after when you first asked.

On 11/27/2020 at 4:00 PM, deliciouskiwi said:

Wait so the GPA you received from them was the same as your SSC calculation with drops? With mine the GPA they sent me was the same as my SSC calculation without any drops. Guess I should contact them and clarify!

Did you get an answer from them? I am also an UBC undergrad and today they confirmed with me my gpa with drops (they specifically said gpa WITH drops). The number they gave me is almost the same as my gpa WITHOUT drops. I think they might have made a calculation error😭

12 hours ago, 97jin said:

Did you get an answer from them? I am also an UBC undergrad and today they confirmed with me my gpa with drops (they specifically said gpa WITH drops). The number they gave me is almost the same as my gpa WITHOUT drops. I think they might have made a calculation error😭

I did! They did make an error and it's fixed now. Maybe keep trying until they get it fixed? But they're apparently on holidays now so it might be awhile before you hear back.

1 hour ago, deliciouskiwi said:

I did! They did make an error and it's fixed now. Maybe keep trying until they get it fixed? But they're apparently on holidays now so it might be awhile before you hear back.

I think I just have to wait😭😭 glad to know that there are people in the same boat as me

Called in this week to find out the GPA UBC had calculated for me. The number they gave me initially was significantly lower than what I'd calculated. They were able to quickly redo it and it turned out (thankfully) that I was correct.

I would definitely suggest making sure they have the right GPA for you. I 100% wouldn't have gotten in given the initial GPA they had calculated for me. 

Edited by Byzantine
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Byzantine said:

Called in this week to find out the GPA UBC had calculated for me. The number they gave me initially was significantly lower than what I'd calculated. They were able to quickly redo it and it turned out (thankfully) that I was correct.

I would definitely suggest making sure they have the right GPA for you. I 100% wouldn't have gotten in given the initial GPA they had calculated for me. 

Did they fix it for you right away on the phone, or did you have to email them again/wait for an email?

I ask because I'm not a current applicant (planning to apply next cycle), but I sent them an e-mail with an admissions-related question two weeks ago and they never replied 😭 It seems like worst-case scenario would be them getting your GPA wrong and then ignoring every email you send to them asking for it to be fixed

6 minutes ago, DonaldTrump said:

Did they fix it for you right away on the phone, or did you have to email them again/wait for an email?

I ask because I'm not a current applicant (planning to apply next cycle), but I sent them an e-mail with an admissions-related question two weeks ago and they never replied 😭 It seems like worst-case scenario would be them getting your GPA wrong and then ignoring every email you send to them asking for it to be fixed

Admissions has been really behind on responding to emails 🥲. I emailed about my gpa two weeks ago too with no response, I followed up so hopefully this week they get back to me.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, mmich said:

Admissions has been really behind on responding to emails 🥲. I emailed about my gpa two weeks ago too with no response, I followed up so hopefully this week they get back to me.

Maybe you should try calling them about it! I called with a separate inquiry and they picked up right away, honestly it sounds absolutely awful to know that they calculated your GPA wrong and haven't gotten to fixing it for weeks. My main concern is the possibility that even if you do call them, they won't fix it on the spot and will ask you to e-mail them later (at which point it'll likely be ignored).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DonaldTrump said:

They were able to get it fixed in like 15 min and called me back. 

14 hours ago, Byzantine said:

Were your transcripts from a BC University?

18 hours ago, Byzantine said:

Well, this is alarming lol

5 hours ago, Sara2601 said:

Were your transcripts from a BC University?

Yes, not UBC though 

To add to this, I emailed this morning and they replied right before the end of the day with my CGPA with drops if it helps.

22 minutes ago, LFCJD said:

To add to this, I emailed this morning and they replied right before the end of the day with my CGPA with drops if it helps.

They got back to me today too! But, they told me to check back in with them about my GPA in 3-4 weeks 🥲. My file is complete, I applied early/mid November. Took them 2 weeks and a follow up to respond.

• Like 1