Sign in to follow this  
znass

LOR

Hi folks!
I have 2/3 of my references on OLSAS, but I just realized one of my professors still hasn't uploaded her reference letter. When I spoke to her during her office hours, she told me she's familiar with the reference letter process and has done it multiple times before so I assumed she would know the deadline. I also thought that reference letters could be uploaded after November 1st because I got my dates mixed up with MSW applications. I do not know who else to ask to be my reference, and now its already mid-November. She also recently lost an aunt, so I don't feel comfortable bugging her about the reference letter. Will this reflect negatively on my application?

Edited by znass

1 hour ago, Policywonk said:

Are you applying to any schools that require 3 reference letters? Most only require 2 but will accept 3. 

Hi Policywonk! No, all of the schools I applied to only require 2. I just wasn't sure if it would make me look bad that only 2 of the 3 have uploaded theirs? The two I have are from a Professor and the other is from my manager (I'm a waitress - I really wasn't sure who else to use as a reference, and I'm not sure if using him was a bad idea?) 

Thanks for replying! :)

30 minutes ago, znass said:

Hi Policywonk! No, all of the schools I applied to only require 2. I just wasn't sure if it would make me look bad that only 2 of the 3 have uploaded theirs? The two I have are from a Professor and the other is from my manager (I'm a waitress - I really wasn't sure who else to use as a reference, and I'm not sure if using him was a bad idea?) 

u have no control over references....so they shud not penalize u for something u have no control over. You already met their requirements of 2 references so your fine. I believe most schools wouldnt of even read your third reference anyways (although some do)

11 hours ago, znass said:

You satisfy the application requirements then. I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of people get into law school with only two reference letters. 

1 hour ago, Policywonk said:

You satisfy the application requirements then. I wouldn't worry about it. Lots of people get into law school with only two reference letters. 

Thanks!

12 hours ago, REDDSTAR said:

u have no control over references....so they shud not penalize u for something u have no control over. You already met their requirements of 2 references so your fine. I believe most schools wouldnt of even read your third reference anyways (although some do)

you're right, thanks!