Jump to content
Josh4567

LSAT FLEX Error

Recommended Posts

In the middle of my exam my session got disconnected, the proctor informed me that it was disconnected on their end in the chat. I had to wait 20 minutes till the proctor fixed the issue, thats cool and all but the proctor wasn't able to resume my section from the time I left off, it showed that time was up but I had 8 minutes left on Section of Logic Games question 19. 

The proctor filed a report and it totally messed up my rhythm. If you know what I mean. The proctor advised me to let LSAC know about the issue faced but knowing LSAC the best thing they will do is refund me or let me write it in January (which I can't do) so this has jeopardized my future in law school and it may even delay it for a year.

 

What are my options here, any advice?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry this happened! You should contact LSAC by both phone and the email form in your CAS account. Tell them you had a catastrophic problem and that you need to retake the test this week, and ask to be escalated. This is an option that other students have gotten, and although everyone isn't offered it, you would likely qualify in my opinion. And if the phone person says you can't do that because "you saw the test already," ignore them and tell them to log your complaint. They are using outdated info when they say that.

Good luck--I hope it works out for you!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 11:53 AM, DKilloranPowerScore said:

I'm sorry this happened! You should contact LSAC by both phone and the email form in your CAS account. Tell them you had a catastrophic problem and that you need to retake the test this week, and ask to be escalated. This is an option that other students have gotten, and although everyone isn't offered it, you would likely qualify in my opinion. And if the phone person says you can't do that because "you saw the test already," ignore them and tell them to log your complaint. They are using outdated info when they say that.

Good luck--I hope it works out for you!

I have a friend in a similar situation, but shes scared that LSAC is going to get a super hard test for the re-write which allegedly happened during previous flex tests. Have you seen this happen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Terracycle said:

I have a friend in a similar situation, but shes scared that LSAC is going to get a super hard test for the re-write which allegedly happened during previous flex tests. Have you seen this happen? 

As someone who was unable to finish during the August flex and got a retest, the 'difficulty' was about the same. If they conduct a retest soon after your initial write, then (in my experience) the retest was just one of the several flex test variations that I didn't get the first time. In other words, there wasn't any 'special' retest for students with errors. You just get a variation that you weren't initially assigned during your first write. Don't know if this has changed since August however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had something similar happen during my July test, but I only lost a few minutes so I didn't reach out to LSAC, though you definitely should. If it's soon enough you'll probably get a different combination of available tests for that sitting, but even if it does happen to be harder, that just means the curve will be gentler. 

Edited by lh22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 11:09 AM, Josh4567 said:

In the middle of my exam my session got disconnected, the proctor informed me that it was disconnected on their end in the chat. I had to wait 20 minutes till the proctor fixed the issue, thats cool and all but the proctor wasn't able to resume my section from the time I left off, it showed that time was up but I had 8 minutes left on Section of Logic Games question 19. 

The proctor filed a report and it totally messed up my rhythm. If you know what I mean. The proctor advised me to let LSAC know about the issue faced but knowing LSAC the best thing they will do is refund me or let me write it in January (which I can't do) so this has jeopardized my future in law school and it may even delay it for a year.

 

What are my options here, any advice?  

So update, LSAC reached out to me and scheduled a retest for this Friday, just like some of you advised. 

 

Thank you for your help. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...