Jump to content
bonnieonthsidee

Admissions Acknowledgement

Recommended Posts

Anyone else did not receive admissions acknowledgement? I received an acknowledgement from every other law school that I applied to other than Osgoode. Should I e-mail the admissions office?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you get an admissions acknowledgement from queens, western and ottawa already?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DABMAN said:

Did you get an admissions acknowledgement from queens, western and ottawa already?

 

Thanks

I havent yet, have you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bonnieonthsidee said:

Anyone else did not receive admissions acknowledgement? I received an acknowledgement from every other law school that I applied to other than Osgoode. Should I e-mail the admissions office?

Nope! I think we shud be okay, LSAC said it cud take up to 3-4 weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DABMAN said:

Did you get an admissions acknowledgement from queens, western and ottawa already?

 

Thanks

 

2 hours ago, lawnerd2 said:

I havent yet, have you?

I have also not gotten an email acknowledgement from any of these schools. However, I currently am a Queen's University undergraduate student and noticed on my student SOLUS account this morning that my JD application is available for tracking (I assume emails will come out later). If you are a Queen's student, though, I imagine this is already available for you as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lawnerd2 said:

I havent yet, have you?

No I haven't I guess from the more recent posts we're not an anomaly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bonnieonthsidee said:

Osgoode.

lol. Osgoode. Expect some delays. If others start receiving them and you don't, then I'd recommend reaching out to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I applied last cycle I distinctly remember the confirmation of receipt of my application to Osgoode coming significantly later than the other schools I had applied. I wouldn't worry about it- this early on in the cycle they likely would have only just begun compiling applications into files for later review by the admissions committee.

Edited by LabouriousCorvid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Applied to UofT, Osgoode, Western, and Queen's. Only received an acknowledgment from UofT so far. Submitted on 31 Oct.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I submitted early October and have not recieved an acknowledgement from Osgoode yet. I'm sure it will arrive in the coming weeks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you people so concern about 'acknowledgement' from law schools? 

Just relax.  Your application will go through the review process if you submitted them properly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Why are you people so concern about 'acknowledgement' from law schools? 

Just relax.  Your application will go through the review process if you submitted them properly.

 

The entire application process seems to stress the idea that "if this application is fucked up, it's your fault". When added to the fact that some schools seem to be asynchronous in the release of confirmations you end up with a host of worried applicants. 

While I understand these threads might be overkill, I think it is somewhat unfair to dismiss people's concerns so easily. You are almost certianly right is saying that everything will pan out in the end. But telling people to relax is unlikely to yield results. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SadNWO said:

The entire application process seems to stress the idea that "if this application is fucked up, it's your fault". When added to the fact that some schools seem to be asynchronous in the release of confirmations you end up with a host of worried applicants. 

While I understand these threads might be overkill, I think it is somewhat unfair to dismiss people's concerns so easily. You are almost certianly right is saying that everything will pan out in the end. But telling people to relax is unlikely to yield results. 

"But telling people to relax is unlikely to yield results. "

What kind of results are you expecting ?

Edited by Luckycharm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thecsection said:

Are any of you able to sign in yet?

no, in the email it said it cud take 24 hrs to activate....did u get the email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...