McGillLaw1L

McGill- 1L open to answering application questions

Hi everyone, I remember this time of the year can be very stressful for applications, I just wanted to let anyone know that I am available to answer any application questions and can give insight from my personal experience! Feel free to message me

Its require! McGill is a bilingual school :) you will have classes in both french and english but you can write exams in which ever language you want

On 11/2/2020 at 12:50 PM, McGillLaw1L said:

Hi everyone, I remember this time of the year can be very stressful for applications, I just wanted to let anyone know that I am available to answer any application questions and can give insight from my personal experience! Feel free to message me

Hello, it’s so nice of you to show concern & help students who are applying. I’ve two questions:

- I applied in late sep 2020 (app due Nov 1). Minerva shows “Ready for Review”. Can you advise when usually schools start communicating offers? 

- What are my chances per your knowledge? Undergrad GPA 3.87, extensive volunteer/EC & leadership activities. Graduated with an MBA. 5 years full time work exp.  Discretionary background (social/economic status). Finally, took French classes. 

Thanks so much in advance with whatever insight you may be able to share. 

On 11/5/2020 at 1:16 PM, cat123 said:

Hello, it’s so nice of you to show concern & help students who are applying. I’ve two questions:

- I applied in late sep 2020 (app due Nov 1). Minerva shows “Ready for Review”. Can you advise when usually schools start communicating offers? 

- What are my chances per your knowledge? Undergrad GPA 3.87, extensive volunteer/EC & leadership activities. Graduated with an MBA. 5 years full time work exp.  Discretionary background (social/economic status). Finally, took French classes. 

Thanks so much in advance with whatever insight you may be able to share. 

Hello, 

I'm at McGill Law as well. Most people have extensive volunteer ECs but if you're comfortable in French with your GPA you should be likely to get in, it's hard to tell exactly. 

does McGill recalculate your GPA when they look at your transcripts? I did my undergrad outside of Canada with a different grade/weighting scale than McGill and i'm wondering how they standardize this sort of thing

Hi ! Do you know anything about Cegep students applying to McGill ? I have a 33 R-Score, but the average is 34.6. I also have a lot of EC's for my age. I know McGill doesn't accept many Cegep students... Do you think I have a chance?