Hello all,

I just had two questions about how UBC calculates grades for those converting their letter grades to a %. An applicant's grade % is only rounded down if their original schools grading scheme does not have letter grades with minuses, correct? Additionally, are spring and summer courses included in the grade calculation? Thanks everyone  :)

7 hours ago, DonaldTrump said:

I'm not sure about the letter grade conversion thing, but I can tell you that summer courses definitely count.

Would this be true even for those that took a single spring/summer course or otherwise didn't have a full course load during those terms?

8 hours ago, hellohi said:

Hello all,

I just had two questions about how UBC calculates grades for those converting their letter grades to a %. An applicant's grade % is only rounded down if their original schools grading scheme does not have letter grades with minuses, correct? Additionally, are spring and summer courses included in the grade calculation? Thanks everyone  :)

I saw this: https://students.ubc.ca/enrolment/courses/grades

I was putting together a spreadsheet of the courses I took today and took my letter grades and used the lower end percentage that corresponds with the grade. 

1 hour ago, hellohi said:

Would this be true even for those that took a single spring/summer course or otherwise didn't have a full course load during those terms?

Yes, every course that appears on your transcript counts.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OyVey said:

I saw this: https://students.ubc.ca/enrolment/courses/grades

I was putting together a spreadsheet of the courses I took today and took my letter grades and used the lower end percentage that corresponds with the grade. 

From my understanding, using the lower end percentage would only apply for conversions from letter grade systems that do not have minuse letter grades

1 minute ago, hellohi said:

From my understanding, using the lower end percentage would only apply for conversions from letter grade systems that do not have minuse letter grades

That makes no sense to me because this table also shows minus letter grades. 

The schools I went to also have minus letter grades and I used the lower percentage assigned to them.