JJ1990

Applied but not worrying

I applied on OLSAS to Ontario schools two weeks ago.

Absolutely no anxiety at this point about being accepted to law school.

Is this normal? For those who have applied in the past, were you anxious at all throughout the process?

Edited by JJ1990
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

What a weird post. Of course it's normal, for some people. If someone is a shoe-in, or a typically calm person, or law school is not a big deal to them, they may not feel any nervousness about the process. 

Are you posting this because you personally do not understand WHY you have no anxiety? Is this a self-exploration thing, like journaling in public? 

• Like 9

Yes it's normal. Having anxiety is normal too. When people post about having anxiety they're usually looking for advice or someone they can relate to for comfort reasons - so I'm also unsure about the point of this post.

You're not alone though. I applied this year and I'm not anxious. I'm excited, more than anything else. The only time I've ever felt anxious about something school-related was right before taking the LSAT. Everyone is different.

Edited by Firecracker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BringBackCrunchBerries said:

What a weird post. Of course it's normal, for some people. If someone is a shoe-in, or a typically calm person, or law school is not a big deal to them, they may not feel any nervousness about the process. 

Are you posting this because you personally do not understand WHY you have no anxiety? Is this a self-exploration thing, like journaling in public? 

I was just wondering if most people are anxious after they apply. I think I'm going to be accepted to most schools, so maybe thats why I'm not anxious.

10 minutes ago, Firecracker said:

Yes it's normal. Having anxiety is normal too. When people post about having anxiety they're usually looking for advice or someone they can relate to for comfort reasons - so I'm also unsure about the point of this post.

You're not alone though. I applied this year and I'm not anxious. I'm excited, more than anything else. The only time I've ever felt anxious about something school-related was right before taking the LSAT. Everyone is different.

I agree. When I wrote the LSAT I was very worried about the whole studying process and writing the actual exam. So I just feel kind of weird right now that I'm not worrying at all. 

3 minutes ago, GrumpyMountie said:

Edit: OP answered their own question before I did.

I saw your reply and want to bring it back up for food for thought! I'd be curious to hear from any applicants with borderline or lower stats who also have very little anxiety about the process. I think that would be an interesting perspective.

• Haha 1

My stats were good enough that I'd have been a statistical anomaly if I didn't get into any of the schools I applied to. And yet I was still incredibly anxious. I kept wondering whether I'd made a really obvious typo in my PS or if they'd suddenly start caring about the LSAT essay question that I'd completely half assed.

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear i'm not the only one feeling this way @chaboywb It's almost like i'm so used to stressing out about the LSAT, or school in general, that I must establish at least a minimum level of anxiousness despite how objectively irrational it might be. 

52 minutes ago, MTkachukisg0at said:

I'm glad to hear i'm not the only one feeling this way @chaboywb It's almost like i'm so used to stressing out about the LSAT, or school in general, that I must establish at least a minimum level of anxiousness despite how objectively irrational it might be. 

I was going to add this to my post, but if it's any consolation, my anxiety has gotten much better since starting law school. That may not be the case for everyone but I find I'm much better able to roll with the punches now then I was three years ago.

• Like 1

You are literally projecting anxiety based on the claim that you aren't anxious.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, JJ1990 said:

I agree. When I wrote the LSAT I was very worried about the whole studying process and writing the actual exam. So I just feel kind of weird right now that I'm not worrying at all. 

You ARE weird. 

But that has nothing to do with an absence of anxiety. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diplock said:

You are literally projecting anxiety based on the claim that you aren't anxious.

Was not the intention!!!!

2 minutes ago, QuincyWagstaff said:

You ARE weird. 

But that has nothing to do with an absence of anxiety. 

So correlation, no causation? Hahaha

3 minutes ago, JJ1990 said:

So correlation, no causation? Hahaha

If you think the phrase “nothing to do with” somehow could indicate a correlation, I’m also confused as to how you achieved an LSAT score that would give you so much security in being admitted. 

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, JJ1990 said:

I was just wondering if most people are anxious after they apply.

I'm trying to find the most sensitive way to bring this up, so excuse me if this sounds blunt: have you ever completed a test for emotional intelligence? It just seems like the answer to this is obvious for neurotypicals. 

• Like 1

I've submitted all my applications and I'm not anxious. But that's probably because offers won't be coming out for a while yet, so everyone is in the same boat (although it looks like UNB has given out a couple). Everyone will probably have some anxiety once offers begin popping up on the forum in the dozens and we're sitting here waiting to hear from our top choices, or from anywhere for that matter.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JJ1990 said:

I applied on OLSAS to Ontario schools two weeks ago.

Absolutely no anxiety at this point about being accepted to law school.

Is this normal? For those who have applied in the past, were you anxious at all throughout the process?

idk if it's normal but it's sure enviable. I don't think I have exhaled once since sending the app

1 hour ago, QuincyWagstaff said:

If you think the phrase “nothing to do with” somehow could indicate a correlation, I’m also confused as to how you achieved an LSAT score that would give you so much security in being admitted. 

Just a joke lol. Obviously a poor one. 

4 hours ago, Firecracker said:

I saw your reply and want to bring it back up for food for thought! I'd be curious to hear from any applicants with borderline or lower stats who also have very little anxiety about the process. I think that would be an interesting perspective.

I’ve applied because it is my dream, but I know it is a long shot.  I have no university education, graduated college 20 years ago, and my LSAT score was only a 154. I am obviously a mature applicant LOL.

I submitted My application last night. I am not anxious or worried, probably because it is out of my hands now. I did the best I can do, and no matter what happens, I am ok.  I went in with the mindset I have nothing to lose. :)

• Like 7