Sign in to follow this  
verolaw22

OLSAS Sketch: Cancelled internship

Hi there, 

I was accepted to a really prestigious and competitive international internship program this summer but unfortunately, it was postponed due to COVID.-19. Should I still include it and state that it has been postponed? Would doing so look like Im kinda scrapping the bottom?

Yes, don't post it. It looks really silly when people do things like "I got a job offer from Google but didn't accept it" or "I got into Harvard for undergrad but went to my local college instead." The lack of one internship isn't going to make or break your applications. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, verolaw22 said:

Hi there, 

I was accepted to a really prestigious and competitive international internship program this summer but unfortunately, it was postponed due to COVID.-19. Should I still include it and state that it has been postponed? Would doing so look like Im kinda scrapping the bottom?

postponed, as in you're still going to do it next year? or postponed, as in postponed indefinitely. If the former, I'd mention you were selected for the year it's postponed to. If the latter, leave it off. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Policywonk said:

Yes, don't post it. It looks really silly when people do things like "I got a job offer from Google but didn't accept it" or "I got into Harvard for undergrad but went to my local college instead." The lack of one internship isn't going to make or break your applications. 

Thanks so much! I just deleted it. When you put it like that, I can see it looking very stupid to an admissions officer :P

30 minutes ago, conge said:

postponed, as in you're still going to do it next year? or postponed, as in postponed indefinitely. If the former, I'd mention you were selected for the year it's postponed to. If the latter, leave it off. 

I ended up deleting it because it was supposedly postponed until January and then pushed back again until May. I feel like it will keep getting pushed back because it is government funded so by the time I am allowed to go I will (hopefully) be in law school. 

• Like 1