Jump to content
asdfghjkl1223456

reschedule for January? thoughts?

Recommended Posts

hey everyone.

so I'm currently signed up for the November-flex, however, I was hoping that I would be pt-ing in the 170s+ by now. Unfortunately, school and work got the best of me and I haven't had that much consistent practice since my August LSAT. While I am BR-ing in the 170s+, I am currently pt-ing between 165-169. This is my third retake (I scored 162, 164 the last times I took it). I'm redoing my LSAT because the school I want to go to has a median LSAT score of 166 and a 75th percentile of 169. I'd have to have a significant increase from my last score (3 points or higher) for this retake to be worth it. The latest scores they take are January scores.

Does anyone have any advice or is in a similar boat? I have about two weeks left. Do you think that's enough time to manage to pull off a 170+?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, asdfghjkl1223456 said:

hey everyone.

so I'm currently signed up for the November-flex, however, I was hoping that I would be pt-ing in the 170s+ by now. Unfortunately, school and work got the best of me and I haven't had that much consistent practice since my August LSAT. While I am BR-ing in the 170s+, I am currently pt-ing between 165-169. This is my third retake (I scored 162, 164 the last times I took it). I'm redoing my LSAT because the school I want to go to has a median LSAT score of 166 and a 75th percentile of 169. I'd have to have a significant increase from my last score (3 points or higher) for this retake to be worth it. The latest scores they take are January scores.

Does anyone have any advice or is in a similar boat? I have about two weeks left. Do you think that's enough time to manage to pull off a 170+?

your stats and schools you plan to apply?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took October and was scheduled for November. However, school got crazy and I definitely did not want to sacrifice my GPA, nor did I have time to study again for LSAT. So, I rescheduled for January. It's up to you based on your own individual situation, though. If you think you can do better, it may be worth rescheduling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

your stats and schools you plan to apply?

olsas b3 3.81, olsas cgpa 3.8,

lsats: 162/164 

applying to uoft, osgoode, ryerson, western and queens (my top choice is uoft though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

You are competitive for OZ, Ryerson, Western and Queens.

75% U of T. 

thank you for the insight! sorry if this is a silly question, but what do you mean by 75%? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, castlepie said:

I took October and was scheduled for November. However, school got crazy and I definitely did not want to sacrifice my GPA, nor did I have time to study again for LSAT. So, I rescheduled for January. It's up to you based on your own individual situation, though. If you think you can do better, it may be worth rescheduling.

yeah I definitely feel that! I'm just anxious because a January retake means being considered for the last round or so for admissions ;~; also, with it being my third retake, I'm nervous about having multiple scores on file for the schools that don't look at multiple scores that favorably :^/

have you heard anything about january retakes? if they actually mess up your chances for acceptance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, asdfghjkl1223456 said:

yeah I definitely feel that! I'm just anxious because a January retake means being considered for the last round or so for admissions ;~; also, with it being my third retake, I'm nervous about having multiple scores on file for the schools that don't look at multiple scores that favorably :^/

have you heard anything about january retakes? if they actually mess up your chances for acceptance? 

I really doubt it messes with your chances at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, asdfghjkl1223456 said:

thank you for the insight! sorry if this is a silly question, but what do you mean by 75%? 

Your chance is about 75% because your LSAT is a bit low. I do think you do have a good chance though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in a similar boat. I've been reading accepted/rejected threads for all the schools i'm looking at. I don't know what to do because I already have a score where people are getting admitted with it, but they're also getting rejected with it!

This whole experience is an absolute nightmare. I wish I could just know the score I need.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, legallybrunette3 said:

I'm in a similar boat. I've been reading accepted/rejected threads for all the schools i'm looking at. I don't know what to do because I already have a score where people are getting admitted with it, but they're also getting rejected with it!

This whole experience is an absolute nightmare. I wish I could just know the score I need.

I feel that so hard ;~; good luck to us both and I can't wait until this is over!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, legallybrunette3 said:

I'm in a similar boat. I've been reading accepted/rejected threads for all the schools i'm looking at. I don't know what to do because I already have a score where people are getting admitted with it, but they're also getting rejected with it!

This whole experience is an absolute nightmare. I wish I could just know the score I need.

This is just the beginning.

Edited by Luckycharm
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I have no idea if that was stupid of me but I just rescheduled for January. The deadline for 0 fees has passed. Determined to get that 170. I guess absolute worst case I'll reapply really early for 2022

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2020 at 12:06 PM, castlepie said:

I took October and was scheduled for November. However, school got crazy and I definitely did not want to sacrifice my GPA, nor did I have time to study again for LSAT. So, I rescheduled for January. It's up to you based on your own individual situation, though. If you think you can do better, it may be worth rescheduling.

I did the same thing. Could not find time to study at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dahmad98 said:

I did the same thing. Could not find time to study at all.

I had some trouble with the lsac website (shocking) so I hope I actually did reschedule, it's not showing a confirmation. I guess I'll find out monday when I call to confirm

Maybe I am writing writing the november 😂

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • Hello, I would appreciate anybody's input on my situation. I have a B3 GPA of 83.8% from UBC Political Science. (3 B+s, 2Bs, and the rest are A-, A, and A+s) and I recently got a 168 on the November LSAT.  I'm worried that my LSAT score will be just average for U of T given that this year is supposed to be more competitive, while I've heard many anecdotes of OLSAS really hurting people's GPA from places like UBC. What do you guys think my chances are of getting in with the 83.8% / 168? (If it counts for anything, I played on a varsity sports team in first year and my other softs are not bad but not out of this world.) Should I re-take the test in January in hopes of a 170+?  Thank you so much for your time, much appreciated.    
    • It's going to suck moving away and paying for rent as well in TRU but I don't want to take the risk of having a gap year and still not getting a good enough LSAT score for UBC so I'd rather just attend TRU in that case (if I get in) fingers crossed! 
    • Perfect that helps a lot thank you so much! 
    • I don't think re-writing in January would hurt your application this cycle, but I'm not sure how much you'd be able to raise your score in the 1.5 months left to study. Besides, you have a reasonable shot at getting into Ryerson with your stats. Both your GPA and LSAT are well within the range of those who were accepted last year. Having said that, applications are way up this year, so its likely to be a very competitive cycle. I'd save that LSAT re-write and if you don't get in this cycle, then study really hard for the LSAT over the spring/summer and get your mark up for next September.  
    • cGPA is low but explained in statement. LOR from Associate Dean and good ECs. 

×
×
  • Create New...