asdfghjkl1223456

reschedule for January? thoughts?

hey everyone.

so I'm currently signed up for the November-flex, however, I was hoping that I would be pt-ing in the 170s+ by now. Unfortunately, school and work got the best of me and I haven't had that much consistent practice since my August LSAT. While I am BR-ing in the 170s+, I am currently pt-ing between 165-169. This is my third retake (I scored 162, 164 the last times I took it). I'm redoing my LSAT because the school I want to go to has a median LSAT score of 166 and a 75th percentile of 169. I'd have to have a significant increase from my last score (3 points or higher) for this retake to be worth it. The latest scores they take are January scores.

Does anyone have any advice or is in a similar boat? I have about two weeks left. Do you think that's enough time to manage to pull off a 170+?

3 hours ago, asdfghjkl1223456 said:

hey everyone.

so I'm currently signed up for the November-flex, however, I was hoping that I would be pt-ing in the 170s+ by now. Unfortunately, school and work got the best of me and I haven't had that much consistent practice since my August LSAT. While I am BR-ing in the 170s+, I am currently pt-ing between 165-169. This is my third retake (I scored 162, 164 the last times I took it). I'm redoing my LSAT because the school I want to go to has a median LSAT score of 166 and a 75th percentile of 169. I'd have to have a significant increase from my last score (3 points or higher) for this retake to be worth it. The latest scores they take are January scores.

Does anyone have any advice or is in a similar boat? I have about two weeks left. Do you think that's enough time to manage to pull off a 170+?

your stats and schools you plan to apply?

I took October and was scheduled for November. However, school got crazy and I definitely did not want to sacrifice my GPA, nor did I have time to study again for LSAT. So, I rescheduled for January. It's up to you based on your own individual situation, though. If you think you can do better, it may be worth rescheduling.

8 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

your stats and schools you plan to apply?

olsas b3 3.81, olsas cgpa 3.8,

lsats: 162/164 

applying to uoft, osgoode, ryerson, western and queens (my top choice is uoft though)

4 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

You are competitive for OZ, Ryerson, Western and Queens.

75% U of T. 

thank you for the insight! sorry if this is a silly question, but what do you mean by 75%? 

7 hours ago, castlepie said:

I took October and was scheduled for November. However, school got crazy and I definitely did not want to sacrifice my GPA, nor did I have time to study again for LSAT. So, I rescheduled for January. It's up to you based on your own individual situation, though. If you think you can do better, it may be worth rescheduling.

yeah I definitely feel that! I'm just anxious because a January retake means being considered for the last round or so for admissions ;~; also, with it being my third retake, I'm nervous about having multiple scores on file for the schools that don't look at multiple scores that favorably :^/

have you heard anything about january retakes? if they actually mess up your chances for acceptance? 

1 hour ago, asdfghjkl1223456 said:

yeah I definitely feel that! I'm just anxious because a January retake means being considered for the last round or so for admissions ;~; also, with it being my third retake, I'm nervous about having multiple scores on file for the schools that don't look at multiple scores that favorably :^/

have you heard anything about january retakes? if they actually mess up your chances for acceptance? 

I really doubt it messes with your chances at all

1 hour ago, asdfghjkl1223456 said:

thank you for the insight! sorry if this is a silly question, but what do you mean by 75%? 

Your chance is about 75% because your LSAT is a bit low. I do think you do have a good chance though.

I'm in a similar boat. I've been reading accepted/rejected threads for all the schools i'm looking at. I don't know what to do because I already have a score where people are getting admitted with it, but they're also getting rejected with it!

This whole experience is an absolute nightmare. I wish I could just know the score I need.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, legallybrunette3 said:

I'm in a similar boat. I've been reading accepted/rejected threads for all the schools i'm looking at. I don't know what to do because I already have a score where people are getting admitted with it, but they're also getting rejected with it!

This whole experience is an absolute nightmare. I wish I could just know the score I need.

I feel that so hard ;~; good luck to us both and I can't wait until this is over!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, legallybrunette3 said:

This is just the beginning.

Edited by Luckycharm
  • Sad 1

Well I have no idea if that was stupid of me but I just rescheduled for January. The deadline for 0 fees has passed. Determined to get that 170. I guess absolute worst case I'll reapply really early for 2022

On 10/29/2020 at 12:06 PM, castlepie said:

I did the same thing. Could not find time to study at all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dahmad98 said:

I did the same thing. Could not find time to study at all.

I had some trouble with the lsac website (shocking) so I hope I actually did reschedule, it's not showing a confirmation. I guess I'll find out monday when I call to confirm

Maybe I am writing writing the november 😂

• Haha 3