I have a previous score on file that makes me competitive for early admission in January for Robson Hall. In an effort to raise my LSAT, I was looking to rewrite in January. Will Robson Hall make a decision based on my current LSAT score assuming it gets me in or will they wait until my rewrite score comes out?

31 minutes ago, legallybrunette3 said:

I think it depends what you tell them to do unfortunately. They only assess once.

I'm not sure this is true. Each school will have their own processes on how they assess, but OP you could reach out to Robson Hall and ask at what point they will assess your application.

4 minutes ago, castlepie said:

I'm not sure this is true. Each school will have their own processes on how they assess, but OP you could reach out to Robson Hall and ask at what point they will assess your application.

good call. The schools i've spoken to have all said that they assess the date you indicate

21 minutes ago, legallybrunette3 said:

good call. The schools I've spoken to have all said that they assess the date you indicate

Yeah. I told basically all the schools I'm applying to that I wish for them to assess me initially based off my October LSAT (though will be rewriting in January) and most said "Ok I will update your file accordingly" but some said "Ok. We will assess you in January" so *shrug emoji* hahaha

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• My second point still stands though. Schools explicitly state that they consider the highest score (unless you consider UAlberta), so in the end it really does not matter what u decide to do.
    • UBC is extremely corporate-focused in terms of the CSO, career/networking events, etc, but in terms of the political atmosphere there it's pretty much indistinguishable from what @GrumpyMountiedescribed at UVic (google the current controversy involving the acting Dean to get a sense of it). With all that said, although I have no interest in corporate law nor am I a radical far-left activist, I am of the opinion that UBC has good offerings for whatever kind of law you want to practice. I am biased and don't have experience with any other school to compare though. (Not to highjack; just chiming in since the comparison came up.)
    • Hey there, I had a 3.34/3.61/170 and I was accepted to Western, Queen's, UVic, Dalhousie, Ryerson, and UNB. Waitlisted at Oz, rejected from UofT, withdrew from consideration at Ottawa. I also had mental health issues and filled out Part B for Oz. I would agree with Tennis that Oz and UofT are likely out of reach, but you'll have lots of other great options! Oz loves high CGPA and UofT seems to really want both high B3 and high LSAT. Neither school is very friendly to a high LSAT/low GPA splitter like I found Queen's/Western/UVic/UBC/Dalhousie to be.
    • I mean the CPA is a pretty good career path in itself, so me going to law school and incurs quite a bit of opportunity cost. So it's a very fair point to consider. I do have a bird in hand so to speak.   I was never looking at it purely from a financial perspective, but if you're going to lose money on education isn't that a deterrent?  isn't that a fair concern to have?     I mean why would anyone with the most lucrative undergraduate degrees go to law school then? There'd be no real point from a financial perspective and the profession would miss out on talented individuals from the student population.