Acceptmepls

Rewriting January LSAT

I have a previous score on file that makes me competitive for early admission in January for Robson Hall. In an effort to raise my LSAT, I was looking to rewrite in January. Will Robson Hall make a decision based on my current LSAT score assuming it gets me in or will they wait until my rewrite score comes out?

31 minutes ago, legallybrunette3 said:

I think it depends what you tell them to do unfortunately. They only assess once.

I'm not sure this is true. Each school will have their own processes on how they assess, but OP you could reach out to Robson Hall and ask at what point they will assess your application.

4 minutes ago, castlepie said:

I'm not sure this is true. Each school will have their own processes on how they assess, but OP you could reach out to Robson Hall and ask at what point they will assess your application.

good call. The schools i've spoken to have all said that they assess the date you indicate

21 minutes ago, legallybrunette3 said:

good call. The schools I've spoken to have all said that they assess the date you indicate

Yeah. I told basically all the schools I'm applying to that I wish for them to assess me initially based off my October LSAT (though will be rewriting in January) and most said "Ok I will update your file accordingly" but some said "Ok. We will assess you in January" so *shrug emoji* hahaha

I am in a similar position, I have a decently competitive score from November but considering writing in January. Wondering if anyone got a clear answer from admissions on when/ how many times they assess. I emailed the admissions office and haven't gotten a response. Ideally I would like my November score to be assessed for early offers, then having my score adjusted with my Jan LSAT for next round of applications but not sure if this is how it works. My agpa is 4.1 and LSAT of 158 leaving me around a 77 index score, any suggestions about if I should just apply with that score for early offers or if it would at all benefit me to re write in January? 

Any advice welcome!! Thanks!!

3 hours ago, MBLaw said:

I am in a similar position, I have a decently competitive score from November but considering writing in January. Wondering if anyone got a clear answer from admissions on when/ how many times they assess. I emailed the admissions office and haven't gotten a response. Ideally I would like my November score to be assessed for early offers, then having my score adjusted with my Jan LSAT for next round of applications but not sure if this is how it works. My agpa is 4.1 and LSAT of 158 leaving me around a 77 index score, any suggestions about if I should just apply with that score for early offers or if it would at all benefit me to re write in January? 

Any advice welcome!! Thanks!!

A 77 is a really great index score, in literally every year you would get in way before waitlist. Not sure if that helps, but you're basically guaranteed admission from where you stand right now! 

On 11/26/2020 at 5:07 PM, robobison14 said:

A 77 is a really great index score, in literally every year you would get in way before waitlist. Not sure if that helps, but you're basically guaranteed admission from where you stand right now! 

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it! 

If anyone else is wondering I heard back from admissions and they assess applications first round with the highest score on record, if they can give you an offer they do so, if not they reassess when Jan LSAT scores are released and readjust your index score for the second round of offers if your write in Jan and score higher. 

• Like 2