Sign in to follow this  
anc1991

U of T mature applicant requirement - Resume

Hi,

Does anyone have information on the resume that is required by U of T for mature applicants? It is supposed to be uploaded via SAM, but there isn't much information otherwise...

Thank you!!

4 hours ago, anc1991 said:

Hi,

Does anyone have information on the resume that is required by U of T for mature applicants? It is supposed to be uploaded via SAM, but there isn't much information otherwise...

Thank you!!

Yeah, you gotta upload via SAM

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• No worries, I have found they are pretty good at responding to emails in a timely manner. I think the best one to use is [email protected]  Good luck!
    • I'm not sure about how common. But plenty of lawyers practice in more than one area, so it's certainly not a problem to "switch" fields. In terms of difficulty, I suppose it depends on how different the field you plan to switch to is. For example, I know a lawyer who started in personal injury and switched to employment after 10+ years doing personal injury without a problem. I also know a lawyer who started in employment and switched to family after 2 years of practice without a problem. Naturally there will be some learning curve but if you're a competent lawyer, you'll have enough basic skills to make the switch fairly easy.  Logistically, I think switching practice areas is even easier if you're working at a full-service firm. That way you have a reputation already for being a solid lawyer at the firm, you know the other lawyers in the group you want to join (hopefully), and maybe even had the chance to collaborate on files with them. In that case, as long as you get the go-ahead from management, you can basically just pack up your desk and head over to their group and start working. No need to network and go looking for a new place of employment. 
    • I'm a 1L right now at UVic and when I picked the school I was a bit frightened I wouldn't be able to bond with my classmates because although I consider myself liberal I'm not that left leaning. There definitely is a vocal minority over zoom and on the class social pages. However, everyone I'm friends with in person tends to have more of a moderate viewpoint. I really think there's a place for different viewpoints at UVic and I wouldn't want anyone to be turned off of the school because a few people are extra 'loud' with their opinions. I'm sorry you're having that experience and not feeling particularly welcome GM! I think way more people than you think have the same perspective as you.  
    • Have you checked your spam? If you've received other acknowledgments then it should be fine but if you're worried then just email them and ask. 
    • Does anyone know if it's normal that I haven't received any sort of email or application acknowledgment from Osgoode? I've heard back from two schools relatively quickly after applying, and I know that my application is complete...  I'm getting a little worried though, anyone else still hasn't heard back??