Hi everyone! I've been a lurker on this thread for a while and recently got my October LSAT results back. I am aware that my "index" score is above the previous years traditional auto-admit threshold, but I was wondering if 3rd years applying are held to the same standard? My cGPA is 86.4% and with 6 credits worth of drops its 87%, and my LSAT is 167. If there are any other 3rd year's from previous years that got in I would appreciate any comments! Thanks :) 

• Like 1

I imagine that, unless otherwise stated on the admissions website, everyone is held to the same standard in the general category. If being a 3rd year made things different for you in some way the application or admissions info likely would have mentioned it. Since they didn't, I think you're all good 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigHydrationPerson said:

Hi everyone! I've been a lurker on this thread for a while and recently got my October LSAT results back. I am aware that my "index" score is above the previous years traditional auto-admit threshold, but I was wondering if 3rd years applying are held to the same standard? My cGPA is 86.4% and with 6 credits worth of drops its 87%, and my LSAT is 167. If there are any other 3rd year's from previous years that got in I would appreciate any comments! Thanks :) 

I’m in the same boat—index score above auto-admit and in 3rd year. I’ll be following this thread. 

@BigHydrationPerson @Heliumgal

I was a 3rd year above the auto-admit threshold when I applied last year and can confirm you'll be treated exactly the same as everyone else.  I'd even say sit back and relax while you wait for your acceptance--around this time last year I was already making reservations for my celebratory dinner :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, meandtheboys said:

@BigHydrationPerson @Heliumgal

I was a 3rd year above the auto-admit threshold when I applied last year and can confirm you'll be treated exactly the same as everyone else.  I'd even say sit back and relax while you wait for your acceptance--around this time last year I was already making reservations for my celebratory dinner :)

Thanks @meandtheboys! That’s encouraging. Was yours a conditional acceptance?

14 minutes ago, Heliumgal said:

Thanks @meandtheboys! That’s encouraging. Was yours a conditional acceptance?

Yes!  My condition was to finish my 3rd year with an average within 3% of the average I applied with (though this number might vary depending on your stats)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, meandtheboys said:

Yes!  My condition was to finish my 3rd year with an average within 3% of the average I applied with (though this number might vary depending on your stats)

Sorry just asking for clarification, your cGPA at the end of year 3 was within 3% of your cGPA at the end of year 2, or your 3rd year only average was within 3% of your end of year 2 cGPA? Thanks!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ap4750 said:

Sorry just asking for clarification, your cGPA at the end of year 3 was within 3% of your cGPA at the end of year 2, or your 3rd year only average was within 3% of your end of year 2 cGPA? Thanks!

1st option

• Like 2

A reminder to everyone, yet again, that only one account is allowed here. If anyone has any further advice for the OP, direct it to ap4750. Thank you.

30 minutes ago, erinl2 said:

A reminder to everyone, yet again, that only one account is allowed here. If anyone has any further advice for the OP, direct it to ap4750. Thank you.

Sorry—I don’t understand. Did we do something wrong? I’m just asking so I can avoid repeating a mistake. 

52 minutes ago, Heliumgal said:

Sorry—I don’t understand. Did we do something wrong? I’m just asking so I can avoid repeating a mistake. 

No no, I just lost the password to this account and have stopped using the email associated with it, so I made a new account (bighydrationperson). The mod reminded me that only one account / person was allowed so I reset my email/this accounts password. Sorry for any confusion! I'll try to start up an excel sheet with passwords or smth hahah

• Like 1