Ontario

Do you need to put ALL job experience for the sketch?

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well. 

I have some work experiences that I am considering omitting from the sketch, not because I did anything wrong or was fired but because I do not think the manager even remembers me. I could put it down but I don't even think the manager will remember who I am (I was a temporary work hired from an agency). What if the verifiers call my verifier and he does not even know me? In which case I assume it would actually worsen my application because they could suspect I was lying. So is it alright if I just not mention it at all? I also don't want to make it seem like I am trying to fluff my sketch by putting in as many entries as I can. 

Thank you 

hey! I'm also considering omitting an employment placement (which I only worked three weeks at, and parted from it not on the best of terms, and I don't even know if the managers still work there). From my understanding, they have no way of knowing where you've worked unless you tell them. If you think that including it in your sketch will hurt you more than benefit you, I would omit it!!

26 minutes ago, LeoandCharlie said:

No you don't need to put everything, in fact it might be worthwhile to tailor it. 

44 minutes ago, masterofnut said:

You can omit any work experience you want. 

44 minutes ago, asdfghjkl1223456 said:

hey! I'm also considering omitting an employment placement (which I only worked three weeks at, and parted from it not on the best of terms, and I don't even know if the managers still work there). From my understanding, they have no way of knowing where you've worked unless you tell them. If you think that including it in your sketch will hurt you more than benefit you, I would omit it!!

thank you for the responses!! :) i will not put it 

Might be a dumb question, but...is anyone adding jobs they had through high school? Or are we generally supposed to stick with the uni-onwards stuff?

21 minutes ago, Cangirl5612 said:

is anyone adding jobs they had through high school? Or are we generally supposed to stick with the uni-onwards stuff?

The OLSAS instruction guide says that it is supposed to be a list of activities since high school, and that you should not include high school activities. So, you know, defy that at your peril.

For those of us. like me, who have worked at many, many places over the years, it would be silly to list every job.

List your top 4 jobs maybe. (Considered by most recent and most relevant to law school).