castlepie

Can I submit transcript before fall marks are in?

Basically the title. Do I have to wait until December/January, or can I email in an unofficial transcript before that? I am completing my last year of undergrad.

You can have your school send your most recent transcript to TRU (it'll probably show your current classes as "in progress"). TRU might decide to wait until your final grades are in to make any sort of decision. They might also wait until your final marks from April are submitted.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, canuckfanatic said:

You can have your school send your most recent transcript to TRU (it'll probably show your current classes as "in progress"). TRU might decide to wait until your final grades are in to make any sort of decision. They might also wait until your final marks from April are submitted.

Thanks. To your knowledge does it say anywhere that they don't want you sending your grades early? I know Calgary is very much like do not send a transcript until your fall grades are in. I obviously don't want to make the process any slower than it has to be, haha.

I applied in 2016 so it might have changed. When I applied, I submitted my transcript before my fall grades were in, then I submitted my transcript again after the fall grades became available. 

2 hours ago, canuckfanatic said:

I applied in 2016 so it might have changed. When I applied, I submitted my transcript before my fall grades were in, then I submitted my transcript again after the fall grades became available. 

Thanks. I ask because I asked this question to their admissions and they basically said: "We will need to see your final transcripts for Fall 2020 but not for Winter 2021. You can request your transcripts to be sent once your class grades for Fall 2020 have been posted" even though I explicitly asked if I could submit my transcript "now" and then another one in December. Kind of sounds like they don't want it before, but then how else would people still in school get offers before December? Unless that's not a thing at TRU? Anyway. We shall see!

2 hours ago, canuckfanatic said:

Found this, this is what the FAQ says now:

"Only official transcripts will be accepted, and they must be mailed directly from the granting institution. If you are in the process of completing your Fall semester, please wait until your your final fall grades are posted before requesting your post-secondary institution to send us your transcripts."

Welp

2 minutes ago, castlepie said:

Found this, this is what the FAQ says now:

"Only official transcripts will be accepted, and they must be mailed directly from the granting institution. If you are in the process of completing your Fall semester, please wait until your your final fall grades are posted before requesting your post-secondary institution to send us your transcripts."

Welp

That makes sense. If you had sent in your current transcript they would probably have just disregarded it until your final transcript arrives.

18 minutes ago, canuckfanatic said:

That makes sense. If you had sent in your current transcript they would probably have just disregarded it until your final transcript arrives.

True. Saves me $11!

I sent in copies of all my grades up until August 2020. They accepted the transcripts, but it does say "update required" next to my current university's one. I assumed that they'd be fine with getting interim grades as long as Fall 2020 grades are sent after, because they do give some acceptances in Nov/Dec. 

(Edit: maybe send them an email to confirm. UofA has a "don't send interim grades" policy, but when I asked they said they were fine accepting a copy until the Fall semester is done.)

Edited by lh22

8 minutes ago, lh22 said:

I sent in copies of all my grades up until August 2020. They accepted the transcripts, but it does say "update required" next to my current university's one. I assumed that they'd be fine with getting interim grades as long as Fall 2020 grades are sent after, because they do give some acceptances in Nov/Dec. 

(Edit: maybe send them an email to confirm. UofA has a "don't sent interim grades" policy, but when I asked they said they were fine accepting a copy until the Fall semester is done.)

Hmm. Did you email you and say that they cant proceed until they receive your fall grades transcript, or was it just... ok? Cause I am definitely willing to submit a transcript if they'll take it. I did email them and it was kind of a non-specific answer. I plan on sending a transcript to all the schools once my fall grades are out anyway. (Oh also, I recently submitted an interim transcript to UofA as per this post.)

28 minutes ago, lh22 said:

(Edit: maybe send them an email to confirm. UofA has a "don't send interim grades" policy, but when I asked they said they were fine accepting a copy until the Fall semester is done.)

Oh another side note: did you send official transcript or just email in unofficial one?

@castlepie I only knew they wanted an updated transcript come next term. I didn't even question sending an interim one until now, as every other school wants one. I sent an official copy since there's no place where it indicates they accept unofficial. 

• Thanks 1