Sign in to follow this  
bobby96

Student Line of Credit Question

Can someone explain what happens after you finish your last semester of law school (i.e. April 2021)? Can you still access the funds (for how long) or does it freeze? and for 2 years from graduation I just pay the interest? Can someone explain this?

Why are you asking these questions here and not your bank? Not every line of credit will be the same.

Im with  Scotiabank, and its still available while you article. When I opened the loan in 2018 they said I could get an extra 10K during articling. I think its 2 years after you graduate, but it may be 2 years after articling. Cant 100% recall

Edited by AJD19

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• @Mihael The reason why I brought up government positions are not guaranteed is to point out that a 9-5 , public law job is not something students should take for granted. The fact that getting a private law job is also not a sure thing does not address my point.  Yes, there are articling programs in government. They are the student positions I was alluding to in my first post. If a law student wanted to work for the government and failed to secure a government articling position, I think the natural conclusion would be that they would need to pivot and look for non-government jobs (i.e. private ones).  We will agree to disagree. I guess I have my own biases. I just think if someone wants to go into law and work a 9-5 job, they should be willing to move to smaller centers, be comfortable with the idea of making less than their peers, and understand that a government job is not an easy thing to get. 
    • True but nothing is guaranteed, including getting a job at a firm. I also fail to see why not getting into a government position would necessitate getting into private practice. Regardless, there are government law co-op programs here in BC along with government articling programs. You can get into those for a better chance at securing a government job later. Idk how things are in other provinces. Disagree. Instead, 0Ls should seek out their options far in advance of getting into law school and create a rough idea of what they want to do, such as what I listed above with the government jobs (for example). There's plenty to do with a law degree, and not all of it includes working like a dog in a traditional law firm.
    • I too got a poor store on this previous LSAT. It was oddly difficult, yet reading on here many people scored oddly well.  I am in your shoes as well - have multiple responsibilities beyond just academics.    One thing is for sure though: without trying again, you definitely won't do better.
    • U of T 75% OZ 100% rewrite if U of T is your dream school
    • I feel like you're definitely safe for Oz, possibly Ryerson too (it's only their second ever intake so idk). I feel like you have an above-average shot at U of T as it is given all your other factors (e.g. GPA, ECs) but if you're looking to be absolutely safe I'd suggest maybe studying over Christmas and having another go in January.