DKilloranPowerScore

LSAC Adding Flex Tests

I spoke to LSAC this morning, and they indicated that within the next few days they will be adding a version of the Flex into their Prep and Prep Plus packages. This is the current plan:

• PT 73 (September 2014) will be added in 3-section Flex version to Prep (their free access package available to anyone with an LSAC account).

• Parts of the May 2020 Flex will be added to the paid Prep Plus package (which is $99 a year).

That latter one is BIG news since it means we'll see new, previously unreleased questions this year!

Edited by DKilloranPowerScore
typo fix
  • Like 3

@DKilloranPowerScore  Thanks for posting this! I guess the implication is that the Flex will be around for a while. I don't suppose you've heard anything about them adding an experimental section so they don't run out of questions?

• Like 1

It will certainly be around through next April, and may longer!

There's been no official word, but we've speculated on our podcast that what they might do is eventually add a 4th, experimental section and then add a break between sections 2 and 3. That would leave the test identical to now as far as scored content, but then add a way for them to test new questions. Because at some point they will run out!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DKilloranPowerScore said:

It will certainly be around through next April, and may longer!

There's been no official word, but we've speculated on our podcast that what they might do is eventually add a 4th, experimental section and then add a break between sections 2 and 3. That would leave the test identical to now as far as scored content, but then add a way for them to test new questions. Because at some point they will run out!

Indeed. I assume it's much cheaper for them to administer the flex...though you never know. I assume they're paying quite a pretty penny to the admins to creepily 'monitor' everyone. Why else omit the experimental and 2nd LR?

Maybe it's time for LSAC to go back to the olden days when tests were actually administered prior to being given a 'test run' years earlier simply to get more predictable results. ..that's the whole point of the curve, after all...

The second LR and Experimental were omitted for security reasons, not financial ones. If they used a longer format of the test for the Flex, they'd have to allow people to take a break mid-way to go to the bathroom, etc.  But, they are so security conscious there that they didn't want to do that, hence the shortened form of the exam that we have now.

Either way, everything appearing on the Flex has been previously vetted via experimental usage. We list all the prior tests and sources used in our Flex exam recaps at the end of each test week. So everything has gotten a test run and nothing is being used for the first time :) When they are starting to run out of unused tests is when we'll see the Experimental reinstated.