Amorgos

OLSAS Acceptance of Transcripts

I have had problems getting my academic institution to mail my official transcripts to OLSAS and I am basically running out of time for my application to UOttawa because of it...

I am wondering if anyone has gotten away with mailing transcripts to OLSAS yourself (despite their apparent policy on this) or if OLSAS is accepting transcripts by email or through a link of some kind?? I have emailed OLSAS with no response for a few days now and getting through to anyone on the phone hasn't worked. 

@Amorgos  If your transcripts are from a non-Ontario institution, or from an institution that is not a university or college, or from an institution on their exception list, then you have to have that institution send it to OLSAS directly. But if that institution is not sending official hard copy transcripts in the mail due to Covid-19 closures, then OLSAS will accept a PDF version e-mailed to them directly by the institution's registrar's office.  E-mail to:  profes­[email protected]

Did you try Secure Applicant Messaging? They usually reply within 24 hours.

19 hours ago, Musashi said:

@Amorgos  If your transcripts are from a non-Ontario institution, or from an institution that is not a university or college, or from an institution on their exception list, then you have to have that institution send it to OLSAS directly. But if that institution is not sending official hard copy transcripts in the mail due to Covid-19 closures, then OLSAS will accept a PDF version e-mailed to them directly by the institution's registrar's office.  E-mail to:  profes­[email protected]

Did you try Secure Applicant Messaging? They usually reply within 24 hours.

Thanks! I eventually realized I could get a hold of someone through the Secure Applicant Messaging. 

Can someone confirm that if I requested my transcript from an ontario school, I don't need to follow up with them on this? I requested it like 3 weeks ago and it still says "send immediately" and it is making me nervous

5 minutes ago, culitigator said:

Can someone confirm that if I requested my transcript from an ontario school, I don't need to follow up with them on this? I requested it like 3 weeks ago and it still says "send immediately" and it is making me nervous

The OLSAS site indicates it will not show status of the request until after the application has been submitted. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pastrey said:

The OLSAS site indicates it will not show status of the request until after the application has been submitted. 

oh great thank you!

As I understand it, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, the transcript requests processed electronically by OLSAS won't be submitted until the application has been submitted. So the Ontario transcripts can be received after Nov 1 as long as the application is submitted by Nov 1. However, transcripts which have to be processed outside the system have to be received by OLSAS by Nov 1.

36 minutes ago, Musashi said:

As I understand it, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, the transcript requests processed electronically by OLSAS won't be submitted until the application has been submitted. So the Ontario transcripts can be received after Nov 1 as long as the application is submitted by Nov 1. However, transcripts which have to be processed outside the system have to be received by OLSAS by Nov 1.

Yes, that is how I understand it to be as well. Can anyone else confirm?

On 10/23/2020 at 8:32 PM, Musashi said:

Based on my correspondence with OLSAS, this is correct. 

• Thanks 1