MissRune363

brutally honest ontario chances 3.17/3.77/160

Just trying to finalize the list of schools I'm going to apply to, I really don't want to waste money on applications I have no chance at. I was planning on applying everywhere in Ontario except Lakehead because it's too far from home. My cgpa is a 3.17, L2/B2 is a 3.77 and my LSAT is a 160, I am rewriting in November and hoping for at least a 165. I think I have decent softs/personal statements/letters of rec and my transcript shows a very dramatic upwards trend.

You have good stats, I think you'll get into a school that places more emphasis on L2. 

9 minutes ago, MissRune363 said:

Just trying to finalize the list of schools I'm going to apply to, I really don't want to waste money on applications I have no chance at. I was planning on applying everywhere in Ontario except Lakehead because it's too far from home. My cgpa is a 3.17, L2/B2 is a 3.77 and my LSAT is a 160, I am rewriting in November and hoping for at least a 165. I think I have decent softs/personal statements/letters of rec and my transcript shows a very dramatic upwards trend.

Reasons for lower grades in first 2 years? 

I was in a program that wasn't right for me and low mental health/motivation, which put me at risk for academic probation. My first year gpa was a 1.7 and my final year gpa was a 3.93, my grades increased significantly each semester. 

1 hour ago, MissRune363 said:

Oh and my B3 is a 3.7, I don't think that is competitive at all for UofT?

UofT's median GPA for the 2020/2021 class is 3.86. While it's below the median, a 3.7 is still pretty good, and UofT will notice the upward trend. It's the 160 that isn't competitive for UofT. If you get that 165+ on your next LSAT I think you have a decent shot there. 

Really? I may also re-write again in January if it's necessary. Does anyone know if January LSAT is too late? Like I know many schools take the score, but does indicating January on my application put me at a disadvantage in terms of the timing of the rounds of offers? 

8 minutes ago, MissRune363 said:

Really? I may also re-write again in January if it's necessary. Does anyone know if January LSAT is too late? Like I know many schools take the score, but does indicating January on my application put me at a disadvantage in terms of the timing of the rounds of offers? 

There are a couple people with a similar B3 in last year's accepted thread. Shoot for median LSAT (166 this year I think) or above, and write a great PS 🙂

You can write in January! But you may hear back later than others who didn't.

If you do write in January, some spots will be taken before your application is reviewed, as is the drill with rolling admissions. Take that info as you will.

UofT, on its website, says that taking an LSAT earlier than January is "strongly encouraged".

31 minutes ago, Firecracker said:

There are a couple people with a similar B3 in last year's accepted thread. Shoot for median LSAT (166 this year I think) or above, and write a great PS 🙂

You can write in January! But you may hear back later than others who didn't.

If you do write in January, some spots will be taken before your application is reviewed, as is the drill with rolling admissions. Take that info as you will.

UofT, on its website, says that taking an LSAT earlier than January is "strongly encouraged".

I see! Thanks :) 

3 hours ago, MissRune363 said:

Oh and my B3 is a 3.7, I don't think that is competitive at all for UofT?

not with 160.

3 hours ago, MissRune363 said:

Your best bet will be B2 (Queens) and L2 (Western) and Ryerson.