Sign in to follow this  
Rayene

Admission chances

Hey! I want to apply into Mcgill Law and I was wondering what would be my chances with a 3,7/4,3 GPA.. My LOR's are a bit weak, but I think that my PS is pretty good. Also, I had cancer treatments the first year of my undergraduate so it affected my grades a bit.. Thank you!

Don't rely just on your PS. Don't make it too personal either. You should take the LSAT and apply everywhere, I think you'll get in with a 160 on the LSAT either at McGill or another good school.

I would like to add that it is very laudable that you overcame cancer. That should be in your application. But a personal statement that is too personal, that contains some kind of story that separates you in some way that is not laudatory, will likely not help. McGill has the option to share your application with alumni, it is in a contract you sign.

Edited by Groucho

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• id say based on past threads youre golden 
    • I'm not sure if this is your problem, but my advice may nonetheless help. From your description of briefing cases, I feel that maybe you are getting mired in the details. In the beginning of 1L, I was so obsessed with the facts that I missed the forest for the trees. Eventually I learned that the details didn't matter much and they actually prevented me from applying the ratio to situations that weren't exact replicas of the facts in the case. It sounds scary, but try to distill the facts into as broad of a summary as possible and how the ratio applies to these pertinent facts. Also speak to your professors on how they think the case would apply to other facts. Usually they are happy to elaborate on how this case would apply to other sets of facts (if you're afraid of taking up too much space or appearing like a gunner, do it during office hours). Also, I agree with everyone else that your colleagues are either delusional about their understanding or boasting (or both). I found there was a lot of bravado signaling in 1L where people alleged to do so little and understand so much. Ignore the noise, everyone has their own process of coping with a new learning environment.
    • Basically the title. Do I have to wait until December/January, or can I email in an unofficial transcript before that? I am completing my last year of undergrad.
    • sorry where di you hear this? I have reached out to half the schools on that list who said no they dont  
    • Well, if it makes you feel any better, I didn't know that was an actual word.