Hello all,

I hope everyone is keeping well.

I am looking to write the LSAT in the upcoming year. Assuming the LSAT Flex is offered, what are your tips for studying for said exam?

I am looking for some insight on the following:

- Best study materials/books

-Prep tests

-Time to allot for study

etc.

All feedback is welcome and appreciated.

1) I would personally recommend the 7 sage course. It's very reasonably priced ($70 a month) and it's an excellent program. It also comes with all the prep tests so you have nothing to worry about there.

2) In terms of study time, I don't think the LSAT is something you can really rush. Some people are naturally going to be good at the test and they can hit a 170 with a month or two of studying, but for most of us, you'll need a reasonable amount time to really master it. The most important part of your learning is when you realize what areas you're weak in and learning how to properly overcome them with various study habits and revision. That's usually the difference between a 150's test taker and someone in the 160's and 170's, it just comes down to overcoming your weakness in a specific area of the test. 

Lastly, treat those prep tests like a rare commodity. The worst thing you can do is burn through them. You should only be taking them when you feel you've made tangible progress since your last prep-test write. This goes back to understanding an area you're not good at, and then studying/working through ways to get better in that weak area before you try out another prep test to see where you're at.

• Like 1

I don't see the loophole by ellen cassidy being mentioned much on these forums, quite a contrast from the lsat subreddit. Can't recommend that book enough. Iv used lsat trainer, 7sage, Princeton review and the loophole does a way better job of providing tangible strategies for approaching LR. I find a lot of the other resources give the same platitudes.

For LG, 7sage I found to be the best probably because of how much explanations and resources there are.

RC is a bit more iffy because you can't level up in the same way you can with LR/LG, there are however a few fundamentals that I think 7sage does a great job of explaining.

• Like 1

There are a couple free practice tests available through the LSAC LawHub which were great, and there are other (paid) resources on there. I found that doing practice tests were the best method for me. You could also use the free Critical Analysis and Reasoning MCAT practice questions on Khan Academy which can help sharpen your deductive reasoning skills.