Boundless

Transfer to U of T for 2L

Hello all, 

I realize there has been past discussions on this topic but i was hoping to get an updated one going and to ask the forum a few questions relating to transferring to U of T. I currently go to a law school in Ontario. 

1) What kind of 1L grades will be competitive for acceptance as a transfer student?

2) Will U of T care about my undergrad cGPA? 

3) Will my transfer make a difference when  OCIs roll around? Will firms look favourably on the transfer or will it just not matter? Will i be compared with students from my old school or U of T?

U of T is my alma mater and my dream law school, unfortunately i did not have the grades to get it but im looking to transfer at the end of this year. 

1 hour ago, Boundless said:

Hello all, 

I realize there has been past discussions on this topic but i was hoping to get an updated one going and to ask the forum a few questions relating to transferring to U of T. I currently go to a law school in Ontario. 

1) What kind of 1L grades will be competitive for acceptance as a transfer student?

2) Will U of T care about my undergrad cGPA? 

3) Will my transfer make a difference when  OCIs roll around? Will firms look favourably on the transfer or will it just not matter? Will i be compared with students from my old school or U of T?

U of T is my alma mater and my dream law school, unfortunately i did not have the grades to get it but im looking to transfer at the end of this year. 

1) I was accepted with A- GPA but went to OZ instead. My GPA may be just average among those who was accepted.

I remember someone from Windsor was accepted and he/she  was third in his/her 1L  class. 

2) not sure- but most likely will be a factor.

3) you will be compared with students from your old school.

good luck

Edited by Luckycharm

Is A- the cut off? From my school (Western), that's Dean's list (top 10%), so I don't think it would make sense transferring to Toronto only for better opportunities. 

Edited by JusticeLordDenning

1 hour ago, Luckycharm said:

1) I was accepted with A- GPA but went to OZ instead. My GPA may be just average among those who was accepted.

I remember someone from Windsor was accepted and he/she  was third in his/her 1L  class. 

2) not sure- but most likely will be a factor.

3) you will be compared with students from your old school.

good luck

May i ask why you chose Oz over U of T? 

1 hour ago, JusticeLordDenning said:

Is A- the cut off? From my school (Western), that's Dean's list (top 10%), so I don't think it would make sense transferring to Toronto only for better opportunities. 

I was top 5%

14 minutes ago, Boundless said:

14 minutes ago, Boundless said:

York is my Alma mater and OZ is my dream law school

8 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

York is my Alma mater and OZ is my dream law school

LOL really? Thats awesome that you were able to attend. 

26 minutes ago, Boundless said:

LOL really? Thats awesome that you were able to attend. 

i don't like 90 minutes on TTC. I stayed at York and Oz residence.

39 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

I was top 5%

Damn, I'm putting a lot more stock in your responses to chances threads now LC!

39 minutes ago, MountainMon said:

What does LC mean?

Edited by Luckycharm

8 hours ago, MountainMon said:

Please don't, there are many medalist here