lawschool1011

Access categories

Hi guys,

does anyone know what sort of documentation one should submit if trying to apply under the access category given facing major financial disadvantages all throughout post secondary schooling? For e.g. Western University leaves it on to the applicant to decide what documentation suits their access claim, but it's a bit confusing when it's regarding a financial burden.

Thanks.

A letter from someone close to you and familiar with your financial situation during your undergraduate should suffice. Make sure their contact information is on it, they clarify their relation to you in it, and they sign and date it. I would reach out to western directly to confirm, though this method was acceptable to Osgoode when I asked their admissions office a similar question last cycle. 

Edited by LabouriousCorvid
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LabouriousCorvid said:

A letter from someone close to you and familiar with your financial situation during your undergraduate should suffice. Make sure their contact information is on it, they clarify their relation to you in it, and they sign and date it. I would reach out to western directly to confirm, though for Osgoode this was fine in my case.

Oh okay, thank you so much for responding! :)

I contacted western regarding the same thing. They told me the following:

• Re low income:  CRA Notices of Assessment for yourself and your parents; a letter from your employer; recent pay stubs showing your hours of work; National Loans Service statements showing financial aid you received; evidence of government benefits, etc.  

Not all of these documents are required and some may not apply to your situation, but hopefully this gives you an idea of what would be appropriate.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1