Jump to content
nocturnalrelativism

McGill says they look at your gpa until the end of your degree... is this true?

Recommended Posts

On their website, McGill says they take into account the final year of your undergraduate degree. I see how this could make sense, especially with acceptances that go out after may. However, what about people who receive acceptances in december? Also, wouldn't that imply that they don't make decisions on people completing their undergrad until way after nov 1? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They ask you to provide a copy of your final grades. Technically, your acceptance is conditional on maintaining similar grades/graduating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, artsydork said:

They ask you to provide a copy of your final grades. Technically, your acceptance is conditional on maintaining similar grades/graduating.

Would you be able to say if McGill has a preference for evaluating a fully completed transcript versus a transcript with some credits to be completed still? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HumanCalculator said:

Would you be able to say if McGill has a preference for evaluating a fully completed transcript versus a transcript with some credits to be completed still? 

Not unless there was clearly no way that you were going to be eligible to graduate (i.e. still missing 42 credits at time of application). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 9:35 PM, nocturnalrelativism said:

On their website, McGill says they take into account the final year of your undergraduate degree. I see how this could make sense, especially with acceptances that go out after may. However, what about people who receive acceptances in december? Also, wouldn't that imply that they don't make decisions on people completing their undergrad until way after nov 1? 

I was accepted in December and my acceptance was only conditional on graduating, so I guess it depends on the condition of your offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...