nocturnalrelativism

McGill says they look at your gpa until the end of your degree... is this true?

On their website, McGill says they take into account the final year of your undergraduate degree. I see how this could make sense, especially with acceptances that go out after may. However, what about people who receive acceptances in december? Also, wouldn't that imply that they don't make decisions on people completing their undergrad until way after nov 1? 

They ask you to provide a copy of your final grades. Technically, your acceptance is conditional on maintaining similar grades/graduating.

9 hours ago, artsydork said:

They ask you to provide a copy of your final grades. Technically, your acceptance is conditional on maintaining similar grades/graduating.

Would you be able to say if McGill has a preference for evaluating a fully completed transcript versus a transcript with some credits to be completed still? 

7 minutes ago, HumanCalculator said:

Would you be able to say if McGill has a preference for evaluating a fully completed transcript versus a transcript with some credits to be completed still? 

Not unless there was clearly no way that you were going to be eligible to graduate (i.e. still missing 42 credits at time of application). 

On 10/14/2020 at 9:35 PM, nocturnalrelativism said:

On their website, McGill says they take into account the final year of your undergraduate degree. I see how this could make sense, especially with acceptances that go out after may. However, what about people who receive acceptances in december? Also, wouldn't that imply that they don't make decisions on people completing their undergrad until way after nov 1? 

I was accepted in December and my acceptance was only conditional on graduating, so I guess it depends on the condition of your offer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Methinks you are operating on a different definition of the word "freaky", but I like your style! Lol
    • What this should tell you is that your experience is very common and that you're not alone in feeling the way you do! I'll never forget my first year biology professor asking a lecture hall of 500 students "who is planning on being a doctor?" and more than three quarters of the class raising their hands. At least half the students in that lecture had changed programs by the start of second year.
    • It's so hard to make these decisions as a young person. In first year you should definitely be trying to figure out what you want to do for the rest of your undergrad first and foremost. For most students trying to decide on the professional degree they might pursue post-undergrad is just looking too far down the road. These kinds of threads always invite lots of responses and this one appears no different, but I will throw my facts into the pile anyway.  I started in a BBA program and hated it from day 1. I was getting Bs in a lot of the courses. I dropped the boring business courses for second semester and took some random electives. Then I transferred schools and started towards a Biology degree the following year. I really liked Bio and got nearly straight As. In third year I started putting together a medical school application but I had never taken some of the "hard sciences" and I found it very difficult to study for those portions of the MCAT -- I just did not like chemistry and physics. I did okay but not great on the MCAT. But I was able to get very high scores on the verbal reasoning portion of the MCAT without studying. Someone suggested I take the LSAT with them just to see what I would score because the content was mostly the same as the VR section of the MCAT. I did this and got a solid score without having to prep. I put this in my back pocket while I got rejected from med school a couple of times. I ended up in law school without having to really work towards it but a big reason for this was that I just plain enjoyed my Biology degree and was able to get solid grades from start to finish.  
    • Hello Everyone,   this might be a silly question but I've been reading a couple threads on the sketch portion of the application and I've seen that some people include things like Deans list or entrance/renewable scholarships on there. Do you think these are good things to include? I realize they can't hurt but if I've already mentioned them in my statements, are they still worth adding? Also, if I should add them, who should be the verifier? Would I just put my university's information?  Thanks!