Ichigo

Would anyone like to work together on their personal statements?

I've already submitted my apps but I'd be happy to join as another peer editor ☺ I took a lot of writing classes in uni and find the editing process fun.

Also, despite submitting already, it would be nice to get some opinions on my statement anyway - and talk to other future law students!

Hi folks! Just a friendly reminder that you may wish to anonymize your personal statements prior to sharing them with strangers on the internet. Personal statements are, well, personal and you while you may not mind sharing your story with an admissions committee or friend online, it's a different situation if your statement is otherwise released somewhere without your permission.

As always, good luck!

Edited by Phaedrus
  • Like 3

I am a JD/MBA at UofT Law; I'll take a look at a couple (first few I receive) PSs by this weekend if anyone would be interested in that. Just DM me. 

• Like 1

Hey, 1L at a Canadian school. Did the whole application process twice. Would love to provide feedback on personal statements. I can do maybe 2-3. Go ahead and PM me. First come first serve! 

I’m a 2L at Western and I’m happy to look over personal statements as well. Given the approaching deadline, I’ll try to get feedback to you in ~48 hours. 

Just over a week until the process is over. Hang in there!

• Like 1

I don't want to be a downer but this is a little insane to me.. I would be so worried about others stealing my ideas/sentences/personal feelings for their own gain. Be careful people. I've been plagarized many a time, and you'd have no idea if someone took certain elements of your PS for their own. First rule of law school: Be selective with your trust. This seems to me like a playground for thieves. 

I'd look into asking the opinions of others who are not applying for law school, especially not randoms from the internet. I got a few friends from different departments to weigh in on mine - me and a friend applying to med school traded statements too. 

On 10/26/2020 at 5:05 PM, Legolas said:

I don't want to be a downer but this is a little insane to me.. I would be so worried about others stealing my ideas/sentences/personal feelings for their own gain. Be careful people. I've been plagarized many a time, and you'd have no idea if someone took certain elements of your PS for their own. First rule of law school: Be selective with your trust. This seems to me like a playground for thieves. 

I'd look into asking the opinions of others who are not applying for law school, especially not randoms from the internet. I got a few friends from different departments to weigh in on mine - me and a friend applying to med school traded statements too. 

VERY good point. i never sent my ps to competition when i was applying. highly suggest you only send to people who are:

A. already in law school

B. done law school

C. have zero interest in ever applying to law school 

• Like 1

For those of you applying to UBC I'd be happy to go over PSs!  I'm currently a 1L at Allard and I can try to get back within a few days to anyone who wants to PM me their PS for editing.