Ichigo

Would anyone like to work together on their personal statements?

Hi all, I'm in the process of finishing up my personal statements; however, I don't really have anyone who I can ask to edit them. I've asked friends to help me out, but it gets annoying when all they do is glance over my work and say "yeah, this is good". 

With that in mind, I was wondering if anyone would like to work together on personal statements? We can read over each others work, provide our own input and share our opinions about the structure / content of written material. We can chat over Zoom, Discord or any other platform that is sufficient. 

Feel free to DM me, or just comment below. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Ichigo
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, QuotA said:

I would be very down for this!

awesome! I can set up a whatsapp group and go from there. If you're not comfortable with that, which messaging app works for you? 

21 hours ago, culitigator said:

I would also like to join!

great to hear! I'll begin to get everything organized. I'd prefer to make a whatsapp group to start off but of course some people might be uncomfortable with that. What works for you? 

I'm not sure about your school, but many offer writing free writing consultations for students and grads. I go to UBC and the consultations have been very helpful, especially since you can choose a consultant whose background works best for you (I've been receiving support from a PhD student at Allard for example). Maybe give it a google to see if there are similar services available at your school! :)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ichigo said:

great to hear! I'll begin to get everything organized. I'd prefer to make a whatsapp group to start off but of course some people might be uncomfortable with that. What works for you? 

Can you get the app just on your desktop? My phone doesnt download new apps lol 

1 minute ago, culitigator said:

Can you get the app just on your desktop? My phone doesnt download new apps lol 

I think so. Do you have a macbook? 

5 minutes ago, culitigator said:

i do not unfortunately, just a PC

ah okay. I just checked on the Whatsapp website and there does seem to be an app for Windows. 

3 minutes ago, Ichigo said:

ah okay. I just checked on the Whatsapp website and there does seem to be an app for Windows. 

ya i did too but it says u have to verify a code using whatsapp on your phone..let me try and figure it out lol 

2 minutes ago, culitigator said:

ya i did too but it says u have to verify a code using whatsapp on your phone..let me try and figure it out lol 

ah darn 😕 . shoot me a DM when you're able to get it sorted and I'll add you into the group. 

• Like 1