SoIWantToBeALawyer

OLSAS Sketch/Verifiers

This might be a dumb question, but do you include what organization you worked or volunteered for anywhere on the Sketch/Verifiers page? Theres a description line but I believe that is for your title so I'm kind of confused. 

I put both title and organization in the description field. Not sure if this is correct, but how I did it. 

• Like 1

I also have a question about the sketch- does it need to be in the order of when I did things? I remembered some random small things and the order is now messed up. Will that look bad?  

• Like 1

In the OLSAS application under sketch/verifier , click help, it mentioned
Note: OLSAS cannot advise you on your ABS. You are expected to use your own judgment in completing it. If you have specific questions about the content of your ABS that are not covered by the instructions provided, contact the law schools for further guidance.

and from some of the old postings in this forum and some schools' information session, I think you can create it the way you want to present. They want to see how well you present and organize the stuff.

I completely erase mine after and type it in excel before listed one by one again into the sketch. It display the same sequence as you entered. they do not sort it by date or let you to move around.

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong as I am filling out the application as well for this cycle.
Thanks
Edited by many2021
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a question about the sketch, under "extracurriculars," it gives you the option for listing any personal activities (reading, blogging, etc) that you may want to outline. This seems appealing to me as I don't really have any experiences with joining clubs or teams during uni, but who exactly do we put as a verifier for those types of personal activities?!

15 minutes ago, lawschool1011 said:

I have a question about the sketch, under "extracurriculars," it gives you the option for listing any personal activities (reading, blogging, etc) that you may want to outline. This seems appealing to me as I don't really have any experiences with joining clubs or teams during uni, but who exactly do we put as a verifier for those types of personal activities?!

Don't put reading down under extracurriculars--it's not going to help your admissions chances. You may want to mention your blog depending on what it is. You could get a friend who reads your blog to be a verifier for your blog. 

Edited by Policywonk

2 minutes ago, Policywonk said:

Don't put reading down under extracurriculars--it's not going to help your admissions chances. You may want to mention your blog depending on what it is. You could get a friend who reads your blog to be a verifier for your blog. 

Okay sounds good!

I blog about all things beauty and skincare, sustainable living, etc. I thought it would be an interesting thing to add to the application under the artistic tab in personal activities. It's more of a stress reliever/something I do for fun to get my mind off things.. would that be okay?

22 hours ago, lawschool1011 said:

Okay sounds good!

I blog about all things beauty and skincare, sustainable living, etc. I thought it would be an interesting thing to add to the application under the artistic tab in personal activities. It's more of a stress reliever/something I do for fun to get my mind off things.. would that be okay?

It's not a very strong EC (assuming you don't get a ton of readers), but it would help show that you are more than just a student. You implied you don't have a lot of other ECs so I would include it. Good luck on your applications!